Public Interest Commitment Dispute Resolution Procedure (PICDRP)
Please note that the English language version of all translated content and documents are the official versions and that translations in other languages are for informational purposes only.
The PICDRP addresses complaints that a Registry Operator may not be complying with the Public Interest Commitment(s) in Specification 11 of their Registry Agreement (RA).
- Review the PICDRP [PDF, 208 KB]
Members of the Current PICDRP Standing Panel
- Mr. Scott R. Austin, United States, has broad expertise in intellectual property litigation, including patent, trademark and copyright infringement disputes in federal courts and before administrative tribunals such as the International Trade Commission (ITC) and Trademark Trial and Appeal Board (TTAB), as well as domain name Uniform Domain Name Dispute Resolution Policy (UDRP) proceedings, Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) content disputes, and disputes involving antitrust, Internet law and ICANN policy and governance. Mr. Austin has programming and media law background helpful to the technology transactions aspect of his practice, which includes Software as a Service (SaaS), technology licensing, privacy, First Amendment, publicity rights, and data security counseling.
- Mr. David JA Cairns, Spain, is a partner in a legal firm in Madrid specializing in international dispute resolution. He has extensive experience in trademark disputes involving domain names, including disputes pursuant to the UDRP, the New gTLD Program, and in arbitrations pursuant to World Intellectual Property Organization's (WIPO's) Expedited Arbitration Rules.
- Mr. Richard Hill, Switzerland, has been involved in the technical, legal, and governance aspects of the Internet since the mid-1990s. He has been a Uniform Domain Name Dispute Resolution Policy (UDRP) arbitrator since the inception of the UDRP in 1999.
- Dr. Kevin P. Newmeyer, United States, is a consultant on cybersecurity, defense, and public policy issues in the Washington, D.C. area. He has extensive experience with development and implementation of cyber policy in the Americas with the Organization of American States and individual governments. He has more than 30 years of professional experience in academic, government, private sector, and international organizations.
- Ms. Megan H. Stifel, United States, is an experienced cybersecurity and operations attorney and policy professional. She spent 8 years with the U.S. Department of Justice advising on a range of criminal and national security matters involving the Internet, as well as Internet governance.
- Dr. Christopher To, Hong Kong, is a Chartered Information Technology Professional, a Chartered Engineer, a Chartered Arbitrator, an accredited Mediator, a Law Professor and is currently the Chairman of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators-East Asia Branch. He has over 20 years experience in handling and resolving disputes.
- Mr. Reynaldo Urtiaga, Mexico, is a law professor, arbitrator, and counsel, with substantial experience interpreting international contracts, policies, and regulations, as well as adjudicating transnational business-to-business (B2B) disputes over goods, information technology services, and intellectual property rights, among other subjects. He has resolved over 100 Uniform Domain Name Dispute Resolution Policy (UDRP) cases as a World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) Panelist since 2003.
The table below shows reports that have been referred to the PICDRP Panel.
|Panel Report Date||Registry Operator (RO)||gTLD||Panel Evaluation Results||Panel Report|
|14 March 2017||Top Level Spectrum, Inc.||.feedback||RO is not compliant with Section 3c of Specification 11 of its RA||Panel Report [PDF, 605 KB]|
|10 July 2018||National Association of Boards of Pharmacy||.pharmacy||RO is not compliant with Section 3c of Specification 11 of its RA||Panel Report [PDF, 208 KB]|
For all Contractual Compliance enforcement notices and status of non-compliance findings, please refer to https://www.icann.org/compliance/notices.