Centralized Zone Data Service (CZDS)
CZDS Platform Migration Webinar Conducted
On 21 April 2016, ICANN staff and registry operators discussed the upcoming migration of the Centralized Zone Data Service to a more flexible and secure platform.
The Centralized Zone Data Service provides a centralized point for interested parties to request access to Zone Files provided by participating Top Level Domain Registries. The service is the solution for scaling zone data transfer as hundreds of new gTLDs are added to the Internet.
Every new gTLD Registry is required to provide zone data to approved requesters (e.g. law enforcement agents, IP attorneys, researchers) upon technical delegation of its gTLD.
New Registries will be provided with instructions for utilizing the Centralized Zone Data Service once a gTLD Registry Agreement has been executed.
CZDS Benefits for Registries
- CZDS simplifies the process of entering into zone data contracts. Rather than creating and executing a contract for every request, Registries can simply approve or deny requests with one click.
- Registries can save additional time by appointing ICANN to handle zone data file transfer (AXFR), formatting, and distribution to approved end-users instead of using internal resources.
Using the CZDS
- Go Now: Centralized Zone Data Service
- CZDS Help Pages for Zone Data Requesters
Learn how to use the Centralized Zone Data System portal
- Frequently Asked Questions [PDF, 324 KB]
Created based on feedback received during the CZDS demo session at ICANN 47 Durban (published 21 October 2013)
- CZDS Demonstration & Support Materials
During ICANN 47 Durban, ICANN staff introduced the Beta version of the CZDS and demonstrated how to use the service.
- CZDS History
For more information on the history of the CZDS, see the Zone File Access Advisory Group Archives.
9 May 2014 – A new version of software for the Centralized Zone Data Service has been released. For more information, read the FAQ (current version) [PDF, 213 KB].
5 May 2014 – The Centralized Zone Data Service (CZDS) was temporarily taken offline to investigate a technical issue. To learn more, please read the FAQ (version 2). [PDF, 61 KB]
2 May 2014 – The Centralized Zone Data Service (CZDS) was temporarily taken offline to investigate a technical issue. To learn more, please read the FAQ (version 1). [PDF, 280 KB]
Terms and Conditions
- Read the Terms and Conditions [PDF, 47 KB]
- Email email@example.com