Contractual Compliance Audit Program
The audit program is an integral part of the ICANN Contractual Compliance function. The goal is to ensure that contracted parties, registrars and registries, comply with their agreements and the consensus policies. It is the opportunity and means by which ICANN enhances community transparency through fact based and measurable reporting while proactively addressing any potential deficiencies.
The audit program plan guide below is provided in an effort to promote awareness and knowledge of the provisions and test steps that are being considered in an audit.
- 2009 Registrar Accreditation Agreement Audit Plan [PDF, 48 KB]
- 2013 Registrar Accreditation Agreement Audit Plan [PDF, 67 KB]
- New Registry Agreement Audit Plan [PDF, 40 KB]
- Legacy Registry Agreement Audit Plan [PDF, 18 KB]
- Domain Name System (DNS) Security threats-focused Registry Audit Questions (Pro Forma) [PDF, 168 KB]
- Domain Name System (DNS) Security threats-focused Registrar Audit Questions (Pro Forma) [PDF, 84 KB]
The guide is provided for information purposes only. Please exercise judgment in using the information contained within it to make conclusions or business decisions.
Please send audit related questions to email@example.com.
Click on the links below for additional audit information:
Audit Communication Templates [PDF, 182 KB]
EFFECTIVE 1 NOVEMBER 2017: Contracted parties selected for an audit round will receive pre-audit notifications from ICANN two weeks prior to the audit's commencement.
Audit Program Phases & Timeline [PDF, 107 KB]
Audit Program Frequently Asked Questions
Audit Outreach sessions by calendar year
Audit Reports by calendar year
View Past Audit Programs
View Audit Program Dashboard [PDF, 36 KB].
The Registry auditees [PDF, 361 KB] selected for current round of Compliance Audit Program
Contractual Compliance Audit Partners and Risk Mitigation Plan
(2011 - present) KPMG - Please click on the Risk Mitigation Plan link for an outline of controls to address potential conflicts of interest with the Contractual Compliance Audit Partner, KPMG.