ICANN Billing and Payments
ICANN Registrar Billing
ICANN Registry Billing
This document provides answers to commonly asked questions regarding Registry Operators billing and payments processes.
Billing Changes and Improvements
This section provide visibility into the ICANN Billing process enhancements which are focused on improving the quality and timeliness of invoices it issues to contracted parties. ICANN Billing will provide regular updates on the progress of billing improvements. The updates will be the month following each calendar quarter end. The next update will be in October 2018.
ICANN Billing is committed to providing its contracted parties with accurate and timely invoicing and payment services.
- ICANN Billing has established high standards of excellence for itself and is continuously working towards achieving them.
- Ongoing improvements to invoicing and payment services
- Prompt and centralized responses to inquiries thru ICANN's Global Support ticketing system
- Continued team development and process improvement
- The ICANN org created a cross-functional billing process improvement project team that reviews the resources, systems and processes used to produce invoices, collect payments and support requests from contracted parties (May 2017).
- The team includes representatives from Finance, Registry Services, Registrar Services, Operations, Contractual Compliance, and Information Technology. The inclusion of all responsible contributors to the process in a cross-functional team better enables us to identify and solve the root cause of problems, rather than only symptoms of issues.
- The ICANN org implemented a robust and scalable enterprise-wide resource planning system that is able to provide automation for improved accuracy and timeliness of invoicing (Dec 2016).
- The size and capabilities of the finance department personnel was increased by hiring a dedicated billing manager (Dec 2017).
- The implementation of quality reviews for the manual processes for updating contact information and emailing invoices was implemented (Jan 2018).
- The development of process documentation for training and development of personnel in areas of billing (ongoing).
- ICANN Billing has established a policy to ensure that contracted parties' email inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org are acknowledged or responded to within 3 business days. Automation of the tracking of these targets has been included in the roadmap below.
- ICANN Billing implemented automation for the emailing of invoices. This automation reduces the potential for errors in emailing invoices.(July 2018).
- ICANN Billing is working on implementing the automation of customer contact information between all internal systems. This automation will reduce the potential for errors in updating changes to the customer contact information
- The roadmap table below provides expected timing of these projects along with an estimated go live date.
Roadmap for Improvements:
Updated as of July 31, 2018