ICANN Complaints Office
Click Here to Submit a Complaint
NOTE: If you are experiencing issues with Net 4 India Ltd., please visit this page for help.
The Complaints Office is a function within the ICANN org that:
- Provides a centralized location to submit complaints related to the ICANN org.
- Receives complaints, researches them, collects facts, reviews, analyzes, and resolves issues as openly as possible.
- Helps the ICANN org build on its effectiveness, and contributes to increased transparency from the Org.
- Aggregates the data from complaints to identify and solve for operational trends that should be improved.
The Complaints Office handles complaints regarding the ICANN org that don't fall into an existing complaints mechanism, such as Contractual Compliance, Request for Reconsideration and the Ombudsman. This may include complaints about how a request has been handled, a process that appears to be broken, insufficient handling of an issue, or something that may be an indication of a systemic issue, among other things. To learn more about the kinds of complaints the Complaints Office handles, please visit the Complaints Office Report page.
The Complaints Office reviews verifiable information to ensure recommendations and resolutions are based in fact. It strives to be open and transparent, responsive and accountable to all parties, and to make recommendations that are constructive and actionable. Above all else, the Complaints Office acts with the utmost integrity in service of ICANN's mission.
Submitting a Complaint
Anyone wishing to submit a complaint related to the ICANN org may do so by completing this web-form. When submitting a complaint, please be sure to include all relevant information. Once a complaint is received, it will be reviewed to ensure it falls within the scope of the office and you will be notified of next steps via email. Out of scope submissions are forwarded and responded to by ICANN's Global Support Center team who has expertise in navigating the entire ICANN org and will get the submitter the information and/or assistance they are looking for.
Submissions that fall within the scope of the Complaints Office, will be handled in the following stages:
1. Receive, Acknowledge and Publish
2. Evaluate and Consider
3. Response Drafting
4. Response Issued and Published
Resources about the Complaints Office
- Complaints Report
- Complaints Office Semi-Annual Report for 1 January – 30 June 2018
- Complaints Office Semi-Annual Report for 15 March 2017 – 31 December 2017
- Frequently Asked Questions [PDF, 296 KB] (18 May 2017)
Announcements, Blogs, and More
- [Announcement] ICANN Publishes First Complaints Office Semi-Annual Report (7 March 2018)
- [ICANN60 Session] A Conversation with the ICANN Complaints Officer (30 October 2017)
- [Webinar - APAC] A Conversation With The ICANN Complaints Officer (22 August 2017)
- [Blog] Publishing Submissions to the Complaints Office (24 June 2017)
- [Blog] Clarifying the Roles of the ICANN Complaints Office and Ombudsman (18 May 2017)
- [Blog] Complaints Office Update: Objectives & Next Steps (27 April 2017)
- [Announcement] Krista Papac Named as ICANN Complaints Officer (10 Mar 2017)
Terms and Conditions for Submission to the Complaints Office