Maximal Starting Repertoire
For Generation Panels to start their work the Integration Panel has created the maximal set of code points for the root zone under the Procedure to Develop and Maintain Label Generation Rules (LGR) for the Root Zone in Respect to IDN Labels [PDF, 772 KB]. Maximal Starting Repertoire may be updated annually by the Integration Panel, based on feedback from the community and to accommodate relevant updates in the Unicode standard.
For sending feedback on the latest version of MSR, send email to email@example.com.
The Integration Panel released the second version of the Maximal Starting Repertoire (MSR-2) on 27 April 2015 (following the MR2-public comment). This upwardly compatible version of the MSR-1 covers the following 28 scripts, of which six (marked with *) have now been added to MSR: Arabic, Armenian*, Bengali, Cyrillic, Devanagari, Ethiopic*, Georgian, Greek, Gujarati, Gurmukhi, Han, Hangul, Hebrew, Hiragana, Kannada, Katakana, Khmer*, Lao, Latin, Malayalam, Myanmar*, Oriya, Sinhala, Tamil, Telugu, Thaana*, Tibetan* and Thai. MSR-2 contains 33,490 code points short-listed from 97,973 PVALID/CONTEXT code points of Unicode version 6.3.
MSR-2 release consists of the following documents:
- Maximal Starting Repertoire - MSR-2-Overview and Rationale-20150414 [PDF, 727 KB]
- MSR-2-Annotated-Han-Tables-20150413 [PDF, 43.3 MB]
- MSR-2-Annotated-Hangul-Tables-20150413 [PDF, 4.18 MB]
- MSR-2-Annotated-non-CJK-Tables-20150413 [PDF, 2.41 MB]
- MSR-2-Repertoire+WLE-Rules-20150413 [XML, 745 KB]
The Integration Panel released the first version of the Maximal Starting Repertoire (MSR-1) on 20 June 2014 (following the MSR-1 public comment). The MSR-1 covers the following 22 scripts: Arabic, Bengali, Cyrillic, Devanagari, Georgian, Greek, Gujarati, Gurmukhi, Han, Hangul, Hebrew, Hiragana, Kannada, Katakana, Lao, Latin, Malayalam, Oriya, Sinhala, Tamil, Telugu, and Thai. MSR-1 contains 32,790 code points short-listed from 97,973 PVALID/CONTEXT code points of Unicode version 6.3.
MSR-1 release consists of the following documents:
- Maximal Starting Repertoire - MSR-1-Overview and Rationale-20140606 [PDF, 477 KB]
- MSR-1-Annotated-Han-Tables-20140606 [PDF, 43.3 MB]
- MSR-1-Annotated-Hangul-Tables-20140606 [PDF, 4.19 MB]
- MSR-1-Annotated-non-CJK-Tables-20140606 [PDF, 1.86 MB]
- MSR-1-Repertoire+WLE-Rules-20140606 [XML, 741 KB]