Information Transparency Initiative (ITI)
ITI is an operational activity to improve ICANN's content governance and infrastructure. ITI's goals include:
- Creating an integrated ongoing, operational process to govern, preserve, organize, and secure ICANN's public content.
- Implementing this governance through a new document management system (DMS), the content foundation for ICANN ecosystem-wide governance.
- Surfacing this content through a new content management system (CMS), which will serve as the backbone for ICANN's external web properties.
- Enabling a multilingual user experience (in the U.N. six languages) and aim to adhere to W3C AA accessibility standards.
- Upgrading and establish a future-proof and content agnostic technology landscape.
Throughout this process, the ITI team has been actively engaging with ICANN stakeholders in usability sessions to gather community input. The ITI team will continue to provide opportunities for the community to provide feedback when new content is available.
If you have questions or feedback, please contact the ITI team at email@example.com.
ITI Announcements and Blogs
- ICANN Launches New Security and Stability Advisory Committee (SSAC) Pages (21 November 2023)
- ICANN Unveils New Community-Focused 'I Need Help' Pages (19 January 2023)
- ICANN Unveils 'ICANN for Beginners' Section on the Information Transparency Platform (8 December 2022)
- ICANN Debuts Enhanced Board of Directors Section on the Information Transparency Platform (19 October 2022)
- ITI Update: New ICANN Content Added to https://icann.org and Upcoming Releases (8 March 2022)
- Improving Access to ICANN's Government Engagement Content (1 March 2022)
- ICANN Launches Improved Public Comment Feature (31 August 2021)
- Public Comment Submission Training Webinar Recording (3 August 2021)
- Public Comment Step-by-Step Guidelines (3 August 2021)
- ITI Update: Register Now for ICANN Public Comment Submission Training Webinars (6 July 2021)
- ITI Public Comment Recording of Demo of New User Experience (3 June 2021)
- ICANN71 Prep Week: Join ITI Session on Upcoming Improvements to Public Comment (26 May 2021)
- Information Transparency Initiative (ITI) Update: It's Release Day! (16 March 2021)
- Information Transparency Initiative Update: Launching New Content Subscription Feature (8 March 2021)
- Information Transparency Initiative Update: Project to Reach Milestone on 16 March (4 March 2021)
- ITI Webinar 2 Recording Now Available (1 December 2020)
- ITI Webinar 1 Recording Now Available (1 December 2020)
- Join An ITI Webinar and Get a Preview of the Changes Coming to icann.org (24 November 2020)
- Information Transparency Initiative Update: New Content Available on Preview for Your Feedback (29 September 2020)
- ITI Webinar 2 Recording Now Available (22 July 2020)
- ITI Webinar 1 Recording Now Available (21 July 2020)
- Join the Information Transparency Initiative (ITI) Team for live demonstration of preview.icann.org (15 July 2020)
- A Preview of the Improved ICANN.org: An Information Transparency Initiative (ITI) Update (15 May 2020)
- Improving the Public Comment Feature: An Information Transparency Initiative Update (7 February 2020)
- Meeting Our Commitments to Accountability and Transparency: An Information Transparency Initiative Update (31 October 2019)
- Keeping You Informed: An Update on the Information Transparency Initiative (04 September 2019)
- The Information Transparency Initiative (ITI): Improving Announcement and Blog Findability (11 October 2018)
- How the ITI Technical Infrastructure Works (21 June 2018)
- The Information Transparency Initiative (ITI): Making Improvements by Building Strong Foundations (24 May 2018)
- The Information Transparency Initiative (ITI) Feedback Site is Now Live (23 April 2018)
- ITI and ODI: Similarities, Differences, and What These Projects Mean for You (5 March 2018)
- An Information Transparency Initiative Update: The Content Audit and ICANN Taxonomy (31 January 2018)
- Creating Content Governance and Rebuilding the Infrastructure of ICANN's Public Sites (26 September 2017)