In March 2021, ICANN org's Information Transparency Initiative (ITI) team released significant improvements to https://icann.org covering over 38,000 pages and files. The team remains hard at work and is preparing to release enhancements to ICANN's Public Comment feature in August 2021. We are hosting an ICANN71 Prep Week session to demonstrate these improvements and solicit your feedback.
ICANN71 Prep Week Session Details
Please join us for a session dedicated to showcasing the improvements planned for the Public Comment feature. This session takes place on Thursday 3 June 2021 at 19:00 UTC.
Zoom participation links will be published 24 hours before the session's start time. For information on how to participate, read more about ICANN's participation tools.
Public Comment is a vital part of our multistakeholder model. It provides a mechanism for stakeholders to have their opinions and recommendations formally and publicly documented. It is an opportunity for the ICANN community to improve policies and operations.
During ITI feedback sessions, we learned that the community wanted to prioritize enhancements to Public Comment, specifically concerning search and the submission process. We've listened and made these changes based on your input.
Improvements to Public Comment
The ITI team worked closely with the ICANN community focus groups to develop the improved Public Comment feature, incorporating valuable feedback and implementing requested functionality. These improvements include:
- Filtered search by category or date range
- Improved keyword(s) search for proceedings, submissions, and their respective files
- Email subscription alerts for individual proceedings and their submissions
- New guided form submission feature
- Submission management feature allowing individual users or ICANN groups to track their submissions
- New About Public Comment page and How to Submit Public Comment Instructions, which provide more information for ICANN Beginners about this critical part of our multistakeholder model
- New consolidated Other Public Consultations pages to provide the community with a one-stop-shop for other ICANN community surveys or public consultations that fall outside the Public Comment process
- Improved layout and user experience
The ITI team will work closely with the ICANN org Policy Development Support team to host virtual training webinars with the ICANN community in July and August to ensure you are well prepared to access and use this improved feature. These webinars will be accompanied by a step-by-step guide that will be publicly available. Stay tuned for more details on these upcoming webinars.
If you have questions, email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
ITI is an operational activity to improve the content governance and infrastructure of ICANN public websites. Read more here.