Information for Domain Name Registrants
On 17 May 2018 the ICANN Board adopted a Temporary Specification for gTLD Registration Data. This page is under review and will be updated to address the Temporary Specification.
News and Updates
- 26 March 2018 – Blog: Do you have a domain name? Here's what you need to know. Part IV: How to Protect Your Domain Name Against Domain Hijacking or Unauthorized Transfers
- 19 December 2017 – Blog: Do you have a domain name? Here's what you need to know. Part III: Having Issues Transferring Your Domain Name?
- 21 November 2017 – Blog: Assisting Registrants in Areas Affected by Hurricane Maria
- 11 October 2017 – Blog: Do you have a domain name? Here’s what you need to know. Part II: Transferring your domain name
- 11 October 2017 – 5 Things Every Domain Name Registrant Should Know About ICANN’s Transfer Policy
- 31 August 2017 – Blog: Do you have a domain name? Here's what you need to know. Part I: Why you need to keep your contact information up to date
- 30 August 2017 – 5 Things Every Domain Name Registrant Should Know About the WHOIS Data Reminder Policy (WDRP)
A domain name registrant is a person or entity that holds the rights to a domain name. As a domain name registrant, you have certain rights and responsibilities. Your rights include access to information from your registrar regarding processes for registering, managing, transferring, renewing, and restoring your domain name registration. Your responsibilities include providing accurate contact information for publication in the WHOIS directory, promptly notifying your registrar of any changes to your contact information, and promptly responding to your registrar's request for information relating to your domain name registration.
If you have suggestions, or would like to submit an inquiry please contact ICANN's Global Support Center.
Contractual compliance complaints can be submitted here.
- FAQs for domain name registrants
- FAQs: Domain Name Registrant Contact Information and ICANN's WHOIS Data Reminder Policy (WDRP)
- FAQs: Transferring your domain name
- Various FAQs