Information for Domain Name Registrants
News and Updates
- ICANN65 Prep Week Webinar Presentation Deck – Community Briefing on Raising Awareness About Registrant Issues and Challenges (Download) [PDF, 1.81 MB]
- Blog: Raising Awareness About Registrant Issues and Challenges (Click Here to Download Full Report: Volume 2 – Issues and Challenges Impacting Registrants [PDF, 263 KB])
- ICANN Invokes Process to Protect Registrants
- Blog: Do you have a domain name? Here's what you need to know. Part V: Renewing Your Domain Name
- 5 Things every Domain Name Registrant should know about ICANN's Expired Registration Recovery Policy (ERRP)
- Blog: New Report: Issues and Challenges Impacting Domain Name Registrants – (Click Here to Download Full Report [PDF, 294 KB])
- Blog: Do you have a domain name? Here's what you need to know. Part IV: How to Protect Your Domain Name Against Domain Hijacking or Unauthorized Transfers
- Blog: Do you have a domain name? Here's what you need to know. Part III: Having Issues Transferring Your Domain Name?
A domain name registrant is a person or entity that holds the rights to a domain name. As a domain name registrant, you have certain rights and responsibilities. Your rights include access to information from your registrar regarding processes for registering, managing, transferring, renewing, and restoring your domain name registration.
If you have suggestions, or would like to submit an inquiry please contact ICANN's Global Support Center.
Contractual compliance complaints can be submitted here.
- FAQs for Registrants: Domain Name Renewals and Expiration
- FAQs for domain name registrants
- FAQs: Domain Name Registrant Contact Information and ICANN's WHOIS Data Reminder Policy (WDRP)
- FAQs: Transferring your domain name
- FAQs for Registrants: About ICANN
- Various FAQs
Registrant Program Sessions at ICANN Meetings
- ICANN64: Raising Awareness About Registrant Issues and Challenges
- ICANN63: What Issues and Challenges are Registrants Having Managing Domain Names?
- ICANN61: Registrants - Understanding the issues facing them and helping them navigate ICANN's policies