2023 ICANN Nominating Committee
The 2023 NomCom will fill nine open leadership positions:
- Two members of the ICANN Board of Directors
- One member of the PTI Board of Directors
- Three regional representatives to the At-Large Advisory Committee (ALAC) – one each from the Africa region; the Asia, Australia, and Pacific Islands region; and the Latin America and the Caribbean region
- Two members of the Generic Names Supporting Organization (GNSO) Council – one representing the Contracted Parties House and one representing the Non-Contracted Parties House
- One member of the Country Code Names Supporting Organization (ccNSO) Council
The NomCom is an independent committee tasked with selecting key ICANN leadership positions, including some members of the ICANN Board of Directors and the Public Technical Identifiers (PTI) Board, as well as the At-Large Advisory Committee (ALAC), the Country Code Names Supporting Organization (ccNSO) Council, and the Generic Names Supporting Organization (GNSO) Council. The NomCom is designed to function independently from the Board, the Supporting Organizations, and Advisory Committees.
NomCom delegates act on behalf of the interests of the global Internet community and within the scope of the ICANN mission and responsibilities assigned to it by the ICANN Bylaws; they do not act in furtherance of the group that appointed them to the NomCom.
Leadership: Vanda Scartezini (Chair), Amir Qayyum (Chair-Elect) and Michael R. Graham (Associate Chair).
Committee Delegates: Alvaro Javier Aguilar (ALAC-LAC), Taiwo Peter Akinremi (GNSO-NCUC), Ali AlMeshal (ALAC-AP), Tijani Ben Jemaa (ALAC-AF), Vittorio Bertola (IETF), Jordyn Buchanan (GNSO-CBUC Large), Vivek Goyal (GNSO-CBUC Small), Judith Hellerstein (ALAC-NA), Hiro Hotta (RSSAC), Brajesh Jain (ASO), Yrjö Länsipuro (ALAC-EUR), Pam Little (GNSO-RrSG), Sophie Mitchell (ccNSO), Ram Mohan (SSAC), Craig Schwartz (GNSO-RySG), Vicky Sheckler (GNSO-IPC), John R. Woodworth (GNSO-ISPCP).