2023 ICANN Nominating Committee
Open Positions | Leadership Positions | Board and Community Recommendations to NomCom | Timeline | Background | NomCom Delegates | Committee Documents
Announcements and Blogs
- 24 March 2023: ICANN 2023 Nominating Committee (NomCom) Extends Deadline to 30 March
- 11 January 2023: Apply Now for ICANN and PTI Leadership Positions
The 2023 NomCom will fill nine open leadership positions:
- Two members of the ICANN Board of Directors
- One member of the PTI Board of Directors
- Three regional representatives to the At-Large Advisory Committee (ALAC) – one each from the Africa region; the Asia, Australia, and Pacific Islands region; and the Latin America and the Caribbean region
- Two members of the Generic Names Supporting Organization (GNSO) Council – one representing the Contracted Parties House and one representing the Non-Contracted Parties House
- One member of the Country Code Names Supporting Organization (ccNSO) Council
Leadership Positions Information
The following documents provide information (criteria and time commitment) about the ICANN Leadership Positions to be filled by the 2023 NomCom:
Board and Community Recommendations to NomCom
- ICANN Board: Guidance from the ICANN Board to the Nominating Committee Regarding Important Skills for Board Members
- PTI Board: NomCom Job Description for PTI Board | PTI Board: Skill Set Information
- ALAC: NomCom Job Description for ALAC
- ccNSO Council: Specific Requirements for the NomCom appointee to the ccNSO Council | ccNSO: NomCom Job Description for ccNSO
- GNSO Council: NomCom Description for GNSO
The NomCom is an independent committee tasked with selecting key ICANN leadership positions, including some members of the ICANN Board of Directors and the Public Technical Identifiers (PTI) Board, as well as the At-Large Advisory Committee (ALAC), the Country Code Names Supporting Organization (ccNSO) Council, and the Generic Names Supporting Organization (GNSO) Council. The NomCom is designed to function independently from the Board, the Supporting Organizations, and Advisory Committees.
NomCom delegates act on behalf of the interests of the global Internet community and within the scope of the ICANN mission and responsibilities assigned to it by the ICANN Bylaws; they do not act in furtherance of the group that appointed them to the NomCom.
Leadership: Vanda Scartezini (Chair), Amir Qayyum (Chair-Elect) and Michael R. Graham (Associate Chair).
Committee Delegates: Alvaro Javier Aguilar (ALAC-LAC), Taiwo Peter Akinremi (GNSO-NCUC), Ali AlMeshal (ALAC-AP), Tijani Ben Jemaa (ALAC-AF), Vittorio Bertola (IETF), Jordyn Buchanan (GNSO-CBUC Large), Vivek Goyal (GNSO-CBUC Small), Judith Hellerstein (ALAC-NA), Hiro Hotta (RSSAC), Brajesh Jain (ASO), Yrjö Länsipuro (ALAC-EUR), Pam Little (GNSO-RrSG), Sophie Mitchell (ccNSO), Ram Mohan (SSAC), Craig Schwartz (GNSO-RySG), Vicky Sheckler (GNSO-IPC), John R. Woodworth (GNSO-ISPCP).
Nominating Committee Delegates Biographies – Click here