Community gTLD Change Requests
Please note that the English language version of all translated content and documents are the official versions and that translations in other languages are for informational purposes only.
The Procedure for Community gTLD Change Requests permits a Community gTLD Registry Operator to seek approval from ICANN to modify the Community Registration Policies enumerated in Specification 12 of its Registry Agreement.
Per the guidelines of the procedure, the registry operator may not seek changes that would remove the Community Registration Policies, excessively broaden or narrow registrant eligibility and/or name selection requirements, or result in significant negative impact to the TLD Community. The ICANN org will notify the registry operator if the change request falls outside of these guidelines. Any change request outside of these guidelines will not be considered.
Changes under this service may only be requested by the registry operator of a Community gTLD. A Community gTLD is:
- A gTLD that has a Registry Agreement that includes Specification 12 and
- The section title of its Specification 12 is "Community Registration Policies" or "TLD Policies."
To submit a Community gTLD Change Request to the ICANN org, eligible registry operators should follow the instructions in the How to Guide [PDF, 244 KB].
Submissions and Status
Following the ICANN org's preliminary review of a request submitted according to the procedure, the ICANN org will post the request including all required documentation for a comment period of 30 days. Interested parties may review and provide input regarding the request by emailing comments to the address below. The deadline to comment for a particular request is noted in the table below.
- Comments should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Comments may be viewed at https://mm.icann.org/pipermail/community-gtld-change-requests-comments/
|gTLD||Registry Operator||Questionnaire and Draft Amendment||Supporting Documents||Date Posted||Comment Deadline||Status|
Explanation of Statuses:
- Comment Period: the submission is currently in the 30-day comment period.
- Pending: the ICANN org is reviewing the change request and any comments received in order to make its determination.
- Approved: the ICANN org approved the change request. The amendment is either in progress or already published on the gTLD specific Registry Agreement webpage.
- Rejected: the ICANN org rejected the change request.
- Withdrawn: the registry operator withdrew the change request.