ICANN Community Childcare Grants Program
The ICANN Community Childcare Grants Program aims to facilitate the in-person participation of community members with children at ICANN Public Meetings and eligible ICANN events (e.g. GDD Industry Summit, ICANN DNS Symposium). Grants up to USD 750.00 per family are available for participants of these events who are bringing children and will incur expenses due to babysitting and/or local childcare services.
There will be no meeting/conference-sponsored childcare services on-site. ICANN does not sanction or recommend specific childcare providers and does not assume responsibility or liability for childcare services of any sort. It is the responsibility of the parent(s)/legal guardian(s) to thoroughly investigate all childcare providers.
To qualify for this grant:
- Applicant must be the parent or legal guardian of the child(ren) who will need childcare services while the applicant attends in person the ICANN Public Meeting or eligible ICANN event.
- Applicant must be registered and attend the ICANN Public Meeting or eligible ICANN event.
- Children must be 12 years or younger by the first day of the ICANN Public Meeting or eligible ICANN event.
- Childcare must be provided in the city or in the vicinity of where the ICANN Public Meeting or eligible ICANN event is taking place.
- Program participant must complete post-meeting program feedback survey.
Note: ICANN staff and Board members are not eligible for this program.
Allowable expenses are for babysitting and/or childcare service providers for the time they spend caring for a child. The services rendered must take place during the ICANN Public Meeting (or eligible ICANN event) days and in the location where the meeting/event is taking place.
Recipients of the ICANN childcare grant will be required to submit receipts for reimbursement of allowable expenses. Receipts must be submitted no later than 15 days after the ICANN Public Meeting or eligible ICANN event.
Funds may not be applied to:
- Travel, lodging, and meal expenses for meeting/event attendees, for the child, or for a caregiver.
- Ongoing childcare expenses that would already be incurred by the recipient.
- Childcare expenses incurred NOT in the city where the ICANN Public Meeting (or eligible ICANN event) is taking place.
- Toys, tickets to attractions (e.g., museums, amusement parks, etc.)
- Any other expenses related to the recipient's participation in the meeting/event that would already be incurred by the recipient attending the meeting/event.
- Any other expenses not specified under allowable expenses.
Apply for the ICANN78 grant here.
Important Dates and Deadlines
|ICANN Meeting/Event||Meeting/Event Dates||Opening of application round||Closing of application round||Notification to grant recipients||Deadline to submit receipts for reimbursement|
|ICANN76 Community Forum in Cancún, Mexico||11-16 March 2023||7 December 2022||13 January 2023 11:59 pm UTC||27 January 2023||30 March 2023|
|ICANN77 Policy Forum in Washington, D.C.||12-15 June 2023||30 January 2023||10 March 2023 11:59 pm UTC||24 March 2023||29 June 2023|
|ICANN78 Annual General Meeting in Hamburg, Germany||21-26 October 2023||9 August 2023||15 September 2023 11:59 pm UTC||22 September 2023||9 November 2023|
Reimbursement Procedures & Financial Obligations
Grant recipients must submit legible electronic copies of all original receipts for eligible expenses to firstname.lastname@example.org. If receipts are not from the country in which the ICANN Public Meeting (or eligible ICANN event) took place, proof that the child traveled to the ICANN Public Meeting (or eligible ICANN event) location will be needed (e.g., copy of child's airplane tickets).
Reimbursement Processing Time
Reimbursements are distributed after the ICANN Public Meeting (or eligible ICANN event) within six weeks after receipts are received. For receipts not in English, processing time may increase.
ICANN reserves the right to deny reimbursement to applicants who misrepresent their funding needs.
- Program Terms and Conditions
- Frequently Asked Questions
- ICANN Public Meetings page
- ICANN78 Application Form
A list of possible local childcare providers is available upon request.
Have a question? Check out answers to some frequently asked questions, or simply contact us at email@example.com.