2014 ICANN Nominating Committee
Application Period Closed on 1 April 2014
The NomCom is designed to function independently from the ICANN Board, Supporting Organizations, and Advisory Committees. NomCom members act only on behalf of the interests of the global Internet community and within the scope of the ICANN mission and responsibilities assigned to it by the ICANN Bylaws.
NomCom members contribute understanding of the broad interests of the Internet community as a whole, and knowledge and experience of specific Internet constituencies who have appointed them.
The challenge for the NomCom is to integrate these perspectives and derive consensus in its selections. Although appointed by Supporting Organizations and other ICANN bodies, individual NomCom members are not accountable to their appointing bodies.
NomCom members are accountable for adherence to the ICANN Bylaws and for compliance with the rules and procedures established by the NomCom.
Recent ICANN Public Meetings have been held in Beijing, China, Durban, South Africa and Buenos Aires, Argentina. Meetings during 2014 are scheduled for Singapore, Singapore, London, England and Los Angeles, California, USA.
2014 NomCom Timeline
- Initial meeting of 2014 NomCom in Buenos Aires, Argentina; 22 – 23 November 2013
- Opening of NomCom Application Period – 31 January 2014
- Deadline for Full Consideration by NomCom – 1 April 2014
- Review and Evaluation – March to mid-June 2014
- Face-to-Face Meeting and Selection; in June 2014 (during ICANN 50 Meeting) in London, England
- Results Announced to ICANN Secretary – mid August 2014
- Selected candidates take their positions at the conclusion of the ICANN Annual General Meeting currently scheduled for 12-16 October2014 in Los Angeles, California
Cheryl Langdon-Orr (Chair), Stéphane Van Gelder (Chair Elect), Yrjö Länsipuro (Associate Chair), Ron Andruff, Satish Babu, John Berryhill, Alain Bidron, Don Blumenthal, Veronica Cretu, Sarah B. Deutsch, Robert Guerra, Hans Petter Holen, Louis Houle, Juhani Juselius, Brenden Kuerbis, Bill Manning, John McElwaine, Russ Mundy, Vanda Scartezini, and Fatimata Seye Sylla.
For additional information on Nominating Committee members, click here
External 360 Reviews – NomCom Chair and Chair Elect
- 2014 NomCom Selects Wolfgang Kleinwachter to ICANN Board Seat 2 [PDF, 102 KB]
- 2014 NomCom Associate Chair 360 Review [PDF, 259 KB]
- 2014 NomCom Member 360 Reviews [PDF, 297 KB]
- 2014 NomCom Final Report [PDF, 411 KB]
- 2014 Board Member Skill Sets [PDF, 50 KB]
- 2014 NomCom Guidelines (31 Jan 2014 archived)
- 2014 NomCom Operating Procedures
- 2014 NomCom Presentation – Los Angeles [PDF, 590 KB]
- 2013 NomCom Final Report [PDF, 488 KB]
Nominating Committee 2014 Flyer [PDF]
APRICOT 2014 |
Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
18-28 February 2014
IGF Open Consultation and MAG Meeting |
19-20 February 2014
49th ICANN Meeting |
23-27 March 2014
Apply Now to Join the ICANN Board, the Councils of GNSO and ccNSO, and the ALAC
31 January 2014
ICANN's Nominating Committee (NomCom) invites interested individuals to submit applications and candidate recommendations from the Internet community for key leadership positions to fulfill ICANN's technical and policy coordination role. Interested individuals are invited to submit an application to the NomCom for the following positions:
- Two members of the Board of Directors of ICANN
- Two At Large Advisory Committee (ALAC) representatives (one each from the Europe, and North America regions)
- One member of the Council of the Generic Names Supporting Organization (GNSO)
- One member of the Council of the Country-Code Names Supporting Organization (ccNSO)
The NomCom is an independent committee tasked with selecting eight members of the Board of Directors and other key positions within ICANN's structure. ICANN is a not-for-profit, public benefit corporation dedicated to: preserving the operational security and stability of the Internet; promoting competition; achieving broad representation of global Internet communities; and supporting the development of policies appropriate to its mission through bottom-up, consensus-based processes.
Individuals selected by the NomCom will have a unique opportunity to work with accomplished colleagues from around the globe, address the Internet's intriguing technical coordination problems and policy development challenges with diverse functional, cultural, and geographic dimensions, and gain valuable insights and experience from working across boundaries of knowledge, responsibility and perspective.
Those selected will gain the satisfaction of making a valuable public service contribution towards the continued function and evolution of an essential global resource. Considering the broad public interest, those selected will work to achieve the goals towards which ICANN is dedicated in order to facilitate the Internet's critically important societal functions.
Current Board members who have been selected by the NomCom include: Cherine Chalaby, Steve Crocker, Wolfgang Kleinwächter, Bruno Lanvin, Olga Madruga-Forti, Erika Mann, Gonzalo Navarro and George Sadowsky.
More information regarding the NomCom can be found at http://nomcom.icann.org. Applications will be considered in confidence and should be received by 1 April 2014 for full consideration. Selections are scheduled to be announced in August 2014. Successful candidates will take up their positions following ICANN's Annual Meeting in October 2014.
Fluency in English is a requirement for all positions. These positions may involve significant international travel, including personal presence at periodic ICANN Public Meetings, as well as regular telephone and Internet communications. Reasonable direct expenses incurred in the course of service will be reimbursed. Each Board Member may also choose to receive compensation in accordance with the resolution passed by the Board on 8 December 2011, but is not required to do so. (See http://www.icann.org/en/minutes/resolutions-08dec11-en.htm#3.)