ICANN Officers and Board Members Statements of Interest Summary Relating to ICANN Matters (in alphabetical order)
22 June 2016
- Akram Atallah – President, Global Domains Division: Nothing identified.
- Susanna Bennett – Chief Operating Officer: Nothing identified.
- Xavier Calvez – Chief Financial Officer: Nothing identified.
- John Jeffrey – General Counsel and Secretary: Nothing identified.
- Göran Marby – President and Chief Executive Officer: Nothing identified.
- David Olive – Sr. VP, Policy Development Support & General Manager, ICANN Regional Headquarters – Istanbul: Nothing identified.
- Ashwin Rangan – Senior VP, Engineering and Chief Information Officer: Nothing identified.
Board Members (Directors and Liaisons):
- Rinalia Abdul Rahim: Member of the Executive Council of the Internet Society of Malaysia. Managing Director and Chairman of Compass Rose Sdn Bhd.
- Cherine Chalaby: Nothing identified.
- Steve Crocker: Dr. Crocker is the CEO and a Director of Shinkuro, Inc. He is also an Advisor to Cymmetria, Inc. and Support Intelligence, as well as a technical contributor to Cyberpack Ventures.
- Ron da Silva: Nothing identified.
- Chris Disspain: Until March 2016, was Director and CEO of .au Domain Administration Limited, the .au ccTLD manager; .au has sponsorship agreement with ICANN under which .au pays ICANN a yearly amount based on the amount of names under management. Melbourne IT, of which Board member Bruce Tonkin is the Chief Strategy Officer, is an accredited registrar for .au Domain Administration Limited. .au Domain Administration Limited licenses AusRegistry Pty Ltd to run the registry for the second level names in .au. Under the Registry License agreement, AusRegistry pays fees to auDA; companies affiliated with AusRegistry are affiliated with new gTLD applications.
- Asha Hemrajani: Ms. Hemrajani was an employee of Nokia Siemens Networks where Jonne Soininen works.
- Rafael (Lito) Ibarra: Mr. Ibarra is the President of Asociación SVNet, which operates the .SV ccTLD and is a member of the ccNSO. He is also a Board member of LACNIC, president of the El Salvador Internet Society Chapter, and founder and ex-Board member of LACTLD.
- Markus Kummer: Mr. Kummer is the Secretary of the Internet Governance Forum Support Association.
- Bruno Lanvin: Nothing identified.
- Erika Mann: Nothing Identified.
- Ram Mohan: Mr. Mohan is an Executive Vice President and Officer of Afilias, which has contracts with ICANN to operate several gTLD registries and which is under contract for services to other registry operators that are under contract to ICANN (a complete list of the relevant registries can be found on Afilias’ website.) Mr. Mohan is also the president of the Philadelphia chapter of the Internet Society. Afilias is a minority shareholder in ICM Registry, Inc., that operates several TLDs. Afilias has regular business transactions with Melborne IT (Bruce Tonkin’s employer and an ICANN accredited registrar). Afilias is also involved in some way in numerous new gTLD applications that are at various stages of processing. Mr. Mohan’s wife is employed by Comcast, a new gTLD registry operator, but she is not involved in the new gTLD operations or in other matters relating to ICANN. Mr. Mohan’s sister-in-law is owner and CEO of the ICANN accredited registrar, 2030138 Ontario Inc.
- Göran Marby: Nothing identified.
- George Sadowsky: Member of Governance Board for EC Fiber Telecomm.
- Thomas Schneider: Thomas is employed by the government of Switzerland, which is a new gTLD contracted party.
- Mike Silber: Member of the Management Committee and Treasurer of the Internet Service Providers' Association (ISPA) South Africa. He is also, a non-executive Director of the .za Domain Name Authority, the ccTLD administrator for .za. The .za Domain Name Authority has concluded an arms-length operating agreement with Uniforum t/a the .za Central Registry for Uniforum to operate the .za registry. Under the agreement, Uniforum will collect and pay transaction fees to .za Domain Name Authority. Uniforum is acting as the registry service provider for various new gTLD applicants. Director of African Digital Networks Spri Telco.
- Jonne Soininen: Head of Software Industry Initiatives at Nokia Networks and owns a nominal amount of Nokia shares; Nokia is a new gTLD contracted party.
- Bruce Tonkin: Chief Strategy Officer of Melbourne IT, which has contract with ICANN as accredited registrar on the same terms as all other registrars. Melbourne IT is an accredited registrar for: (i) .au Domain Administration Limited of which Board member Chris Disspain is the CEO; (ii) .fr operated by the Association Française pour le Nommage Internet en Coopération (AFNIC) on which former ICANN Board member Sébastien Bachollet serves as a Board member; and (iii) .info, where Afilias, the employer of Ram Mohan, is the gTLD operator. Melbourne IT is also a registrar for new gTLDs operated by Donuts, which employs ICANN’s former Chief Financial Officer, Kevin Wilson.
- Lousewies van der Laan: Nothing Identified.
- Kuo-Wei Wu: CEO – National Information Infrastructure Enterprise Promotion Association (NIIEPA)– Internet Policy Research. Auditor – TWIA (Taiwan ISP Association). His daughter works for Progressive Insurance, which is now contracted with ICANN to operate .progressive. Out of an abundance of caution, Progressive established an ethical wall keeping Kuo-Wei Wu’s daughter from any involvement or discussions related to the new gTLD.
- Suzanne Woolf: Self-employed independent consultant, currently with clients that have interests in various ICANN-related matters, including new gTLDs and root server operations.