2021 ICANN Nominating Committee
Announcements and Blogs
- 31 March 2021: An Update from the 2021 Nominating Committee (NomCom)
- 23 February 2021: 2021 Nominating Committee (NomCom) Extends Deadline to 29 March
- 25 January 2021: Apply Now for ICANN Leadership Positions
The Nominating Committee invited interested individuals to submit applications for the following positions:
- Three members of the ICANN Board of Directors
- Three regional representatives to the At-Large Advisory Committee (ALAC) – one each representing the Africa region, Asia, Australia, and Pacific Islands region, and Latin America and Caribbean region.
- Two members of the Generic Names Supporting Organization (GNSO) Council – one representing the Contracted Parties House and one representing the Non-Contracted Parties House.
- One member of the Country Code Names Supporting Organization (ccNSO) Council
Leadership Positions Information
The following documents provide information (criteria and time commitment) about the ICANN Leadership Positions to be filled by the 2021 NomCom:
Board and Community Recommendations to NomCom
- ICANN Board: Guidance from the ICANN Board to the Nominating Committee Regarding Important Skills for Board Members
- ALAC: NomCom Description for ALAC
- ccNSO Council: Specific Requirements for the NomCom appointee to the ccNSO Council
- GNSO Council: Criteria for 2021
- GAC: Criteria Agreed by the GAC for Submission to the NomCom
The NomCom is an independent committee tasked with selecting key ICANN leadership positions, including some members of the ICANN Board of Directors and the Public Technical Indicators (PTI) Board, as well as the At-Large Advisory Committee (ALAC), the Country Code Names Supporting Organization (ccNSO) Council, and the Generic Names Supporting Organization (GNSO) Council. The NomCom is designed to function independently from the Board, the Supporting Organizations, and Advisory Committees.
NomCom delegates act on behalf of the interests of the global Internet community and within the scope of the ICANN mission and responsibilities assigned to it by the ICANN Bylaws; they do not act in furtherance of the group that appointed them to the NomCom.
Leadership: Ole Jacobsen (Chair), Tracy Hackshaw (Chair-Elect) and Jay Sudowski (Associate Chair).
Committee Delegates: Sébastien Bachollet (ALAC-EUR), Pankaj Chaturvedi (ASO), Amrita Choudhury (ALAC–AP), Paul Diaz (GNSO–RySG), Hadia Elminiawi (ALAC–AF), Michael Graham (GNSO–IPC), Robert Guerra (SSAC), Juhani Juselius (ccNSO), Wolfgang Kleinwächter (GNSO–NCUC), Peter Koch (IETF), Marie-Noémie Marques (GNSO–ISPCP), Scott McCormick (GNSO–CBUC), Glenn McKnight (ALAC–NA), Amir Qayyum (RSSAC), Tobias Sattler (GNSO–RrSG), Vanda Scartezini (ALAC–LAC), and Adetola Sogbesan (GNSO–CBUC).
Nominating Committee Delegates Biographies – Click here.