2021 ICANN Nominating Committee
Announcements and Blogs
- 17 August 2021: ICANN 2021 Nominating Committee Announces Leadership Selections
- 31 March 2021: An Update from the 2021 Nominating Committee (NomCom)
- 23 February 2021: 2021 Nominating Committee (NomCom) Extends Deadline to 29 March
- 25 January 2021: Apply Now for ICANN Leadership Positions
ICANN 2021 Nominating Committee Announces Leadership Selections
The Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) 2021 Nominating Committee is pleased to announce the selections for nine leadership positions.
ICANN Board of Directors
Asia, Australia, Pacific Islands
At-Large Advisory Committee (ALAC)
Raymond Selorm Mamattah
Latin America and the Caribbean
Rao Naveed Bin Rais
Asia, Australia, Pacific Islands
Country Code Names Supporting Organization (ccNSO) Council
Generic Names Supporting Organization (GNSO) Council
Desiree Zeljka Miloshevic Evans
Contracted Parties House
Non-Contracted Parties House
Profile of Applicants
The 2021 Nominating Committee received 116 completed applications during the application period from 25 January 2021 through 29 March 2021.
Out of 116 completed applications:
- 26 percent of applicants were female, 58 percent of applicants were male, 16 percent did not disclose
- 28 percent of applicants were from Africa
- 29 percent of applicants were from Asia, Australia, Pacific Islands
- 16 percent of applicants were from Europe
- 17 percent of applicants were from Latin America and the Caribbean
- 10 percent of applicants were from North America
The Nominating Committee is charged with recruiting and selecting a portion of ICANN's leadership. In doing so, the Nominating Committee is mandated to ensure that ICANN's overall leadership is diverse in geography, culture, skills, experience, and perspective. Further, selectees should:
- Have integrity, objectivity, and sound judgment.
- Support decision-making within groups.
- Work effectively in English.
- Understand ICANN's mission.
- Be committed to ICANN's success.
- Have experience in world affairs.
- Contribute to cultural, professional, and geographic expertise.
- Be able to work long and hard, generally as volunteers.
Leadership Positions Information
The following documents provide information (criteria and time commitment) about the ICANN Leadership Positions to be filled by the 2021 NomCom:
Board and Community Recommendations to NomCom
- ICANN Board: Guidance from the ICANN Board to the Nominating Committee Regarding Important Skills for Board Members
- ALAC: NomCom Description for ALAC
- ccNSO Council: Specific Requirements for the NomCom appointee to the ccNSO Council
- GNSO Council: Criteria for 2021
- GAC: Criteria Agreed by the GAC for Submission to the NomCom
The NomCom is an independent committee tasked with selecting key ICANN leadership positions, including some members of the ICANN Board of Directors and the Public Technical Indicators (PTI) Board, as well as the At-Large Advisory Committee (ALAC), the Country Code Names Supporting Organization (ccNSO) Council, and the Generic Names Supporting Organization (GNSO) Council. The NomCom is designed to function independently from the Board, the Supporting Organizations, and Advisory Committees.
NomCom delegates act on behalf of the interests of the global Internet community and within the scope of the ICANN mission and responsibilities assigned to it by the ICANN Bylaws; they do not act in furtherance of the group that appointed them to the NomCom.
Leadership: Ole Jacobsen (Chair), Tracy Hackshaw (Chair-Elect) and Jay Sudowski (Associate Chair).
Committee Delegates: Sébastien Bachollet (ALAC-EUR), Pankaj Chaturvedi (ASO), Amrita Choudhury (ALAC–AP), Paul Diaz (GNSO–RySG), Hadia Elminiawi (ALAC–AF), Michael Graham (GNSO–IPC), Robert Guerra (SSAC), Juhani Juselius (ccNSO), Wolfgang Kleinwächter (GNSO–NCUC), Peter Koch (IETF), Marie-Noémie Marques (GNSO–ISPCP), Scott McCormick (GNSO–CBUC), Glenn McKnight (ALAC–NA), Amir Qayyum (RSSAC), Tobias Sattler (GNSO–RrSG), Vanda Scartezini (ALAC–LAC), and Adetola Sogbesan (GNSO–CBUC).
Nominating Committee Delegates Biographies – Click here.
NomCom Leadership Evaluation
External Reviews – 2021 Leadership Team