The Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) 2021 Nominating Committee (NomCom) has published its summary report, which reviews its progress since convening at the conclusion of the ICANN69 Annual General Meeting (AGM). The report outlines the criteria that the NomCom was given when searching for potential candidates, and recaps its outreach activities and pre-selection process. It also provides a list of the final selections and a message from the 2021 NomCom Chair.
The 2022 NomCom will be seated at the close of the ICANN72 AGM taking place from 25 to 28 October 2021. It will be tasked with filling the following positions:
- Three members of the ICANN Board of Directors
- One member of the Public Technical Identifiers (PTI) Board of Directors
- Two regional representatives for the At-Large Advisory Committee (ALAC) – one from the European region and one from the North American region
- One member of the Generic Names Supporting Organization (GNSO) Council
- One member of the Country Code Names Supporting Organization (ccNSO) Council
The 2022 NomCom is expected to invite interested parties to apply for the above leadership positions in early January 2022. Subscribe to ICANN announcements to stay up to date on the latest news.
To learn more about the NomCom, click here.