2022 ICANN Nominating Committee
Announcements and Blogs
- 31 August 2022: ICANN Request for Proposal: Nominating Committee Recruiting Services
- 31 August 2022: ICANN's 2022 Nominating Committee Publishes Summary Report
- 11 August 2022: ICANN 2022 Nominating Committee Announces Leadership Selections
- 15 July 2022: ICANN Announces 2023 Nominating Committee Chair and Chair-Elect
- 21 April 2022: An Update From the 2022 ICANN Nominating Committee
- 12 April 2022: Call for Expressions of Interest: ICANN 2023 NomCom Chair and Chair-Elect
- 15 March 2022: ICANN 2022 Nominating Committee (NomCom) Extends Deadline to 18 March
- 9 March 2022: ICANN 2022 Nominating Committee (NomCom) Extends Deadline to 15 March
- 15 December 2021: Apply Now for ICANN and PTI Leadership Positions
ICANN 2022 Nominating Committee Announces Leadership Selections
The Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) 2022 Nominating Committee is pleased to announce the selections for eight leadership positions
ICANN Board of Directors
Asia, Australia, Pacific Islands
Asia, Australia, Pacific Islands
Public Technical Identifiers Board of Director
At-Large Advisory Committee (ALAC)
Country Code Names Supporting Organization (ccNSO) Council
Latin America and the Caribbean
Generic Names Supporting Organization (GNSO) Council
Profile of Applicants
The 2022 Nominating Committee received 85 completed applications during the application period from 15 December 2021 through 18 March 2022.
Of the completed applications:
- 15 percent were from Africa.
- 27 percent were from Asia, Australia, or the Pacific Islands.
- 25 percent were from Europe.
- 20 percent were from Latin America or the Caribbean.
- 13 percent were from North America.
- 29 percent were female, 58 percent were male, 13 percent did not disclose.
The NomCom is charged with recruiting and selecting a portion of ICANN's leadership. In doing so, the Nominating Committee is mandated to ensure that ICANN's overall leadership is diverse in geography, culture, skills, experience, and perspective. Further, selectees should:
- Have integrity, objectivity, and sound judgment.
- Support decision-making within groups.
- Work effectively in English.
- Understand ICANN's mission.
- Be committed to ICANN's success.
- Have experience in world affairs.
- Contribute to cultural, professional, and geographic expertise.
- Be able to work long and hard, generally as volunteers.
Leadership Positions Information
The following documents provide information (criteria and time commitment) about the ICANN Leadership Positions to be filled by the 2022 NomCom:
Board and Community Recommendations to NomCom
- ICANN Board: Guidance from the ICANN Board to the Nominating Committee Regarding Important Skills for Board Members
- PTI Board: Skill Set information
- ALAC: NomCom Description for ALAC
- ccNSO Council: Specific Requirements for the NomCom appointee to the ccNSO Council
- GNSO Council: Criteria for 2021
- GAC: Criteria Agreed by the GAC for Submission to the NomCom Criteria Agreed by the GAC for Submission to the NomCom
The NomCom is an independent committee tasked with selecting key ICANN leadership positions, including some members of the ICANN Board of Directors and the Public Technical Identifiers (PTI) Board, as well as the At-Large Advisory Committee (ALAC), the Country Code Names Supporting Organization (ccNSO) Council, and the Generic Names Supporting Organization (GNSO) Council. The NomCom is designed to function independently from the Board, the Supporting Organizations, and Advisory Committees.
NomCom delegates act on behalf of the interests of the global Internet community and within the scope of the ICANN mission and responsibilities assigned to it by the ICANN Bylaws; they do not act in furtherance of the group that appointed them to the NomCom.
Leadership: Michael Graham (Chair), Damon Ashcraft (Chair-Elect) and Ole Jacobsen (Associate Chair).
Committee Delegates: Taiwo Peter Akinremi (GNSO-NCUC), Ali AlMeshal (ALAC-AP), Tijani Ben Jemaa (ALAC-AF), Vittorio Bertola (IETF), Paul Diaz (GNSO-RySG), Judith Hellerstein (ALAC-NA), Brajesh Jain (ASO), Juhani Juselius (ccNSO), Yrjö Länsipuro (ALAC-EUR), Pam Little (GNSO-RrSG), Scott McCormick (GNSO-CBUC Large), Amir Qayyum (RSSAC), Vanda Scartezini (ALAC-LAC), Vicky Sheckler (GNSO-IPC), Adetola Sogbesan (GNSO-CBUC Small), John R. Woodworth (GNSO-ISPCP)
Nominating Committee Delegates Biographies – Click here
External Reviews – 2022 Leadership Team
Internal Reviews – 2022 NomCom Delegates