The Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) 2022 Nominating Committee (NomCom) has published its summary report, which presents the NomCom's progress since convening at the conclusion of the ICANN72 Annual General Meeting (AGM). The report outlines the criteria that the NomCom used when searching for potential candidates and recaps the committee's outreach activities and preselection process. It also provides a list of the final selections and a message from the 2022 NomCom Chair.
The 2023 NomCom will be seated at the close of the ICANN75 AGM, taking place 17–22 September 2022, and will be tasked with filling the following positions:
- Two members of the ICANN Board of Directors
- One member of the Public Technical Identifiers Board of Directors
- Three regional representatives to the At-Large Advisory Committee – one each from the Africa region; the Asia, Australia, and Pacific Islands region; and the Latin America and Caribbean region
- Two members of the Generic Names Supporting Organization Council – one representing the Contracted Parties House and one representing the Non-Contracted Parties House
- One member of the Country Code Names Supporting Organization Council
The 2023 NomCom is expected to invite interested parties to apply for these leadership positions in early January 2023. Subscribe to ICANN announcements to stay up to date on the latest news.
To learn more about the NomCom, visit the committee's website.