Monitoring System API Specification
Monitoring System API (MoSAPI) is a REST API that allows registry operators to retrieve information collected by the SLA Monitoring (SLAM) system. The Service Level Agreement Monitoring (SLAM) system is a tool managed by ICANN to measure in near real-time the Service Level Agreements (SLA) defined in Specification 10 of the Base gTLD Registry Agreement.
The MoSAPI includes the ability to:
- Monitor the state of a TLD.
- Monitor the alarm status of a service.
- Monitor the availability of a service.
- Monitor the state of a particular incident.
- Monitor the false positive flag of an incident.
- Query a list of incidents for a service.
- Query the list of measurements for an incident.
- Query the details of a particular measurement.
- Retrieve the list of IP addresses used in the probe node network.
- Manage maintenance windows:
- Create or update a maintenance window schedule to suspend SLA Monitoring System 10 percent emergency threshold alerts for Registration Data Directory Service (RDDS) and Extensible Provisioning Protocol (EPP) 10 percent emergency threshold alerts for a predefined period.
- Delete a maintenance window schedule.
- Retrieve a maintenance window schedule.
- Obtain a list of maintenance windows that have not yet ended.
The MoSAPI also provides information on alerts and the health of the services to registry operators that can be used for troubleshooting purposes.
The MoSAPI is available to both gTLDs and ccTLDs.
Results for ccTLDs are logged in SLAM according to the same thresholds and ccTLD operators may opt in to MoSAPI, however no alerts or actions are triggered when a failure is detected on those services.
Get access to the MoSAPI
You can access the MoSAPI from the IP addresses that you have whitelisted for accessing the Registry Reporting Interface (RRI) with your RRI credentials. The RRI credentials and the IP addresses whitelisted for accessing the RRI are managed through the Naming Services portal. If you have not already done so, you will need to provide both the IPv6 and IPv4 prefixes that you will use to connect to the MoSAPI for whitelisting, via the TLDs tab on the Naming Services portal.
To request access to the MoSAPI, please contact the ICANN Global Support Center identifying the ccTLD for which you are requesting access. ICANN will contact the administrative and technical contacts of the ccTLD as listed in the IANA Root Database to validate the information and provide access.
- ICANN Monitoring System API (MoSAPI) – Updated 25 March 2019 [PDF, 486 KB]
- ICANN Monitoring System API (MoSAPI) – Updated 22 February 2019 [PDF, 267 KB]
- ICANN Monitoring System API (MoSAPI) – Updated 26 November 2018 [PDF, 573 KB]
- ICANN Monitoring System API (MoSAPI) – Updated 02 October 2018 [PDF, 433 KB]
- ICANN Monitoring System API (MoSAPI) – Updated 06 March 2018 [PDF, 276 KB]
- ICANN Monitoring System API (MoSAPI) – Updated 12 February 2018 [PDF, 275 KB]
- ICANN Monitoring System API (MoSAPI) – Updated 28 November 2017 [PDF, 587 KB]