Domain Name Industry Engagement
The domain name industry faces increasingly complex challenges with users, new TLDs, and disruptive technologies and trends.
What should ICANN's role be over the next five years for this industry?
Here are just a few examples of the many questions and suggestions that the community is considering in this area:
- How might ICANN evolve regarding its relationships with the gTLD registrars and registries, ccTLD operators, and IP address registries?
- How will the removal of gTLD supply constraints and changes in gTLD distribution channels change ICANN's role?
- Should gTLD registrars and registries be treated as ICANN "customers" or domain name distribution channels?
- Evolve ICANN's role in supporting the maturation of a healthy unique identifiers ecosystem (domain names, IP addresses and AS numbers).
- Should ICANN actively encourage business and technical innovation in the DNS? Why or why not? If so, how?
Summary of comments on Domain Name Industry Engagement [PDF, 70 KB].
Share Your Thoughts
Alternatively, submit your input document here.
Thanks for your comments. We would appreciate hearing your thoughts about other areas too (click a topic on the left).