Financial Information for ICANN
The Office of Finance provides transparent, responsible, and proactive financial direction to support ICANN's Board, management, staff and community, while maintaining its strong financial position and efficiently managing its financial resources. Here, you can find out more about ICANN's financial performance.
Below you can find a list of definitions for documents found in the following subheadings Current, General, Historical, Investment Policy – ICANN, and Investment Policy – New gTLD sections. To access the documents you must click the subheadings located on the left-hand side under Finance.
- Strategic Plan - ICANN is currently operating under the 2012-2015 three-year Strategic Plan (reviewed and updated annually), adopted by the ICANN Board during the Special Meeting of the Board of Directors held in Amsterdam on 6 May 2012. ICANN's vision and mission encompass four strategic focus areas addressed in this Strategic Plan: 1) DNS stability and security, 2) Competition, consumer trust & consumer choice, 3) Core operations including IANA, and 4) A healthy Internet governance eco-system.
- Adopted Operating Plan and Budget – The Adopted Operating Plan and Budget sets forth the focus of efforts and organizational commitments for the current fiscal year. Consistent with our multi-stakeholder model, this budget is the result of input from ICANN constituency groups, stakeholders, the Board of Directors and the ICANN staff.
- Adopted SO/AC Special Budget Request Granted - Pertains to the dedicated budget that is set aside from the overall ICANN budget to be able to take into account specific requests from the community for activities that are not already included in the recurring ICANN budget.
Audited Financial Statements - ICANN provides accountability and transparency regarding its financial results in the Report of Independent Auditors and Financial Statements for ICANN.
This unqualified* report is prepared for ICANN by independent auditors, Moss Adams LLP.
*An unqualified opinion means that the financial statements are presented fairly in accordance with accounting principles generally accepted in the United States of America.
- Annual Reports - The annual report provides information on ICANN's activities for the year including highlights of achievements, updates for our organizational objectives, as well as an overview of financial performance.
- Federal and State Tax Filings - The United States return for organizations exempt from income taxes under section 501(c) of the Internal Revenue Code is the form 990.The California state annual return for exempt organization is the form 199.
- Staff Remuneration Practices Framework - This report provides an overview of ICANN's staff remuneration practices and provides details of remuneration for the officers of the corporation.
- Board Compensation Report - This report is presented annually in accordance with Article XVI, section 3 of the ICANN Bylaws which provides, in part, that "The Board shall publish, at least annually ... a description of any payments made by ICANN to Directors (including reimbursements of expenses)."
- ccTLD Contributions Report - This report presents the annual contributions received by ICANN from ccTLD registries for each fiscal year.
- Financial Analysis - The financial analysis report provides a year over year trend analysis as well as analysis of variances between actual performance and the adopted budget.
This includes this years information on the categories defined above.
This includes prior year information on the categories defined above.
This section sets out the guidelines for Investment Policy agreed by the ICANN Board of Directors for the investment of cash on hand (funds).
This section sets out the guidelines for Investment Policy agreed by the ICANN Board of Directors for the investment of cash on hand (funds) pertaining to the New gTLD Program. This document has been prepared jointly with ICANN's external financial advisors.
This section provides an overview of the guidelines for ICANN's accounting and financial policies procedures.
If you don't find what you're looking for on this page, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org