Composition of the Review Team Security, Stability and Resiliency of the DNS
30 September 2010 – The Selectors of the Security, Stability and Resiliency of the DNS Review Team announce the composition of the Review Team:
|RT2 – Security Stability & Resiliency of the DNS Review Team Members|
|SO/AC Candidates||Independent Experts|
The Selectors or their Designated Nominees
Jeff Moss, initially appointed by Rod Beckstrom - ICANN President and CEO - resigned on 3 May 2011 following his onboarding as ICANN Chief Security Officer.
Atif Nazar stepped down on 23 June 2011 due to personal and professional reasons.
Xiaodong Lee resigned on 2 February 2012 following his onboarding as ICANN Vice President for Asia.
Please refer to the announcement.
29 July 2010 – Whereas the composition of the Security Stability and Resiliency of the DNS Review Team was initially announced at the Brussels meeting in June 2010, Selectors are now circulating a revised composition:
- ICANN’s CEO or designated nominee
- Chair of the GAC or designated nominee
- 2-3 Independent experts (not seeking endorsement from an SO/AC) – See Call for independent Experts (deadline: 6 September 2010 -23:59 UTC)
- Representatives of SO/ACs – See Call for Applicants (deadline: 29 July 2010 -23:59 UTC)
|Number of SO/AC Representatives||1||1||2||1||1||2||3|
In line with the Affirmation of Commitments (AoC) provisions, the Security, Stability and Resiliency of the DNS Review (SSR) is to be objectively performed by a Review Team composed of:
- Volunteer Community Members representing the relevant Supporting Organizations and Advisory Committees of ICANN;
- ICANN CEO (or designated nominee);
- GAC Chair (or designated nominee); and
- Independent experts.
The composition of this Review Team 2 is to be jointly determined by the CEO of ICANN – Mr. Rod Beckstrom – and Chair of the GAC – Mrs. Heather Dryden (in consultation with GAC Members).