ICANN Newsletter | Week ending 16 May 2008
News from the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers
Announcements This Week
16 May 2008 | Cairo, Egypt will host the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers' 33rd International Public Meeting from 2-7 November 2008.
ICANN in the News
These links lead to external news stories. ICANN is not responsible for the content of these pages.
14 May 2008 | The organisation behind .pro has received approval to make the top-level domain available to a wider range of users.
13 May 2008 | At the request of a worldwide Internet organization, a computer scientist at the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) developed an algorithm that may guide applicants in proposing new top-level domains.
18 - 24 May 2008 - APTLD - Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia - full program [PDF, 404 KB]
- May 18 & 19 (Sunday & Monday) – Attack & Disaster Response Planning Workshop
- May 20 & 21 (Tuesday & Wednesday) – World Cyber Security Seminar – Organised by MYNIC
- May 22 & 23 (Thursday & Friday) – APTLD Member's Meeting
- May 24, 2008 (Saturday) – APTLD Workshops on
- ccTLD Policy Development Processes
- ccTLD Marketing
- Registry Software Options
20 June 2008 - EGENI Europe 2008 - Paris, France
Our bylaws are very important to us. They capture our mission of security, stability and accessibility, and compel the organization to be open and transparent. Learn more at www.ICANN.org.