Internet Identifier System Security, Stability, and Resiliency
IS-SSR in the Office of the CTO (OCTO-SSR)
The overall goal of OCTO-SSR programs is to ensure the security, stability and resiliency of the Internet's Identifier systems. To achieve this goal, ICANN will:
- Engage actively with security, operations, and public safety communities to gather and process intelligence data that indicate (imminent) threats to DNS or domain registration service operations (the "DNS ecosystem").
- Facilitate or participate with these same communities in threat preparedness activities to protect against or mitigate threats to DNS ecosystem.
- Perform studies or analyze data to better understand the health and well-being of the DNS ecosystem.
- Coordinate DNS vulnerability disclosure reporting https://www.icann.org/en/system/files/files/vulnerability-disclosure-05aug13-en.pdf [PDF, 628 KB]
- Lend subject matter expertise to build capability among ccTLD and public safety communities in subjects relevant to the DNS ecosystem, including DNSSEC, abuse or misuse of DNS infrastructures or operations.
- Assist in DNS ecosystem risk management activities.
- With ICANN's Global Stakeholder Engagements team, participate in a global, multi-stakeholder effort to improve cybersecurity and mitigate cybercrime.
Want to learn more about Identifier Systems SSR?
You can also listen to an audio stream archive of ICANN's Security, Stability, Resiliency Team – Outreach Session (English, Español, Français), read the transcripts (English, Español, Français), or view the presentation (English).