ICANN DNS Symposium | May 2019
The third ICANN DNS Symposium (IDS 2019) will be held 10-11 May 2019 in Bangkok, Thailand at the Shangri-La hotel. The IDS 2019 is co-locating with the fifth GDD Industry Summit (6-9 May 2019), the Registration Operations Workshop - ROW (9 May 2019) and the DNS OARC meeting (12-13 May 2019).
The theme for the ICANN DNS Symposium (IDS) 2019 is: "Understanding the Security, Stability and Resiliency of the Domain Name System". IDS 2019 will focus on emerging technologies, protocols and other issues that may affect the security, stability, or resiliency of the Domain Name System.
The first day will focus on abuse of the DNS and cover topics including the measurement of DNS abuse and discussions on operational practices for dealing with DNS abuse. We encourage people from both the operational security communities and the DNS industry to share their experiences here.
The second day of the IDS will focus on changes in technology and protocols and the effect on the DNS.
Meet and Greet Welcome Reception: Thursday, 9 May 2019 (evening)
Sessions: Friday, 10 May – Saturday, 11 May 2019
- Keynote [PDF, 5.1 MB] | Prof. Kanchana
- Keynote [PDF, 2.8 MB] | David Dagon
- On the Implementation of the EU NIS Directive [PDF, 231 KB] | Jim Reid
- Client Side Debugging [PDF, 1.2 MB] | Petr Spacek
- DNS-Magnitude [PDF, 1.2 MB] | Alexander Mayrhofer
- DNS Resolver Centrality [PDF, 324 KB] | Joao Damas
- New Security Framework for Home Gateways [PDF, 947 KB] | Jacques Latour
- CrypTech Open Source HSM for DNSSEC [PDF, 16 MB] | Phil Roberts
- DNSSEC in Small Linux Devices [ PDF, 219 KB] | Fernando López
- ICANN Research Projects [PDF, 389 KB] | Paul Hoffman
- Session: Future of KSK Rollover [PDF, 350 KB] | Paul Hoffman
- Keynote: Lessons Learnt from Avalanche [PDF, 64 MB] | Stewart Garrick
- Domain Reputation Lists as a Tool Against Domain Abuse [PDF, 441 KB] | Joe Wein
- Building DNS Firewalls With Response Policy Zones [PDF, 4 MB] | Paul Vixie
- ICANN’s Domain Abuse Activity Reporting [PDF, 2.1 KB] | Samaneh Tajalizadehkhoob
- Anomaly Detection in DNS Traffic [PDF, 4.5 MB] | Maciej Andziński
- The Role of Domains and DNS in Large Scale Abuse [PDF, 1.8 MB] | Carel Bitter
- On DoH Dilemma [PDF, 1.4 MB] | Vittorio Bertola
- A UK ISP View on DNS over HTTPS [PDF, 3.6 MB] | Andrew Fidler
- Benefits and Hazards of Non-Local DNS Resolution [PDF, 280 KB] | Paul Vixie
- Panel: "Applications Performing Their Own DNS Resolution" [PDF, 89 KB] | Paul Hoffman
- On the Recent DNS/IMAP Hijacking Campaign [PDF, 165 KB] | Bill Woodcock
- Trends in TLD Abuse [PDF, 764 KB] | Ralf Weber
- DNS – A Phishing Chokepoint [PDF, 809 KB] | Carel Bitter
Additional industry events at the same venue:
Shangri-La Hotel, Bangkok, Thailand
Hotel Direct: (66 2) 236 7777
Use Discount Code ICA030519
Remote Participation Information
On Phone Only:
Meeting ID: 364 103 6094
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/aK4KSudbT
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with "ICANN DNS Symposium" in the subject line.