Workshop on Emerging Issues in the DNS Industry | 9–10 May 2016
This page is available in:
ICANN is hosting this workshop in collaboration with the Postal and Telecommunications Regulatory Authority of Zimbabwe.
Topics of interest to the Domain Name System (DNS) industry in Africa, including:
- Trademarks and intellectual property rights (IPR)
- Domain Name System Security Extensions (DNSSEC) adoption in Africa – the case for DNSSEC
- ICANN accreditation – why and how
- Draft version of Africa DNS Market Study
- International Domain Names
Registration information can be found here.
In 2014, ICANN hosted a workshop in Cotonou, Benin. This first workshop aimed at increasing the understanding of how trademarks and IPR affect the DNS industry. Participants learned about how the DNS works, and DNS industry representatives learned how to better manage IPR issues collaboratively as multistakeholders.
The outcome was encouraging – participants called for ICANN to host future workshops. This follow-on workshop will cover emerging topics of interest related to the DNS business in Africa.
For any queries please contact us on: email@example.com