Security and Stability
The external forces identified will continue to exert influence on what many see as the core focus of ICANN — the secure and stable system of unique identifiers to support a secure and stable Internet.
What must ICANN do to ensure a secure and stable system of unique identifiers for the Internet, with the complexity and reach anticipated in 2018?
Here are just a few examples of the many questions and suggestions that the community is considering in this area:
- How might ICANN evolve its role with regard to security and stability of the unique identifiers?
- Should ICANN move beyond threat awareness and coordination?
- Improve technical (security) sophistication.
- Evolve ICANN's role as redundancy coordinator for domain name registrars, domain name and IP address registries, and/or DNS name-server failures.
- How should ICANN evolve its engagement with the security community?
Summary of comments on Security & Stability [PDF, 62 KB].
Share Your Thoughts
Alternatively, submit your input document here.
Thanks for your comments. We would appreciate hearing your thoughts about other areas too (click a topic on the left).