The nature of users is changing. They are more sophisticated, distributed globally, and their expectation of the Internet is always on, always accessible – "it should just work."
How might ICANN engage this broad, end-user base over the next five years?
Here are just a few examples of the many questions and suggestions that the community is considering in this area:
- As domain names become increasingly invisible to end users via apps, icons, search, etc. — what might be the role of end users with regard to domain names or the DNS itself?
- What might ICANN's role be in supporting the coming pervasiveness of machine users?
- How might ICANN define the ecosystem of users it supports?
- Should our engagement activities focus more on registrants than users?
- How might end-users be engaged in the multistakeholder model?
Summary of comments on Users [PDF, 56 KB].
Share Your Thoughts
Thanks for your comments. We would appreciate hearing your thoughts about other areas too (click a topic on the left).