ICANN Newsletter | Week ending 9 May 2008
News from the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers
Announcements This Week
6 May 2008 | ICANN announced that it has signed an exchange of letters with the country code top level domain (ccTLD) manager for .is — Iceland, Internet á Íslandi hf. (ISNIC).
ICANN in the News
These links lead to external news stories. ICANN is not responsible for the content of these pages.
9 May 2008 | Big businesses need to start planning now to handle changes that will take place when a new version of the internet's fundamental routing protocol becomes ubiquitous, or risk losing online customers, according to ICANN.
8 May 2008 | Top-level managers and chief executives often do not realise the impact that IT-security incidents can have on their organisations, according to influential group the British-North American Committee.
12 - 15 May 2008 - ITU Africa Telecom - Cairo, Egypt
18 - 24 May 2008 - APTLD - Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia - full program [PDF, 345 KB]
- May 18 & 19 (Sunday & Monday) – Attack & Disaster Response Planning Workshop
- May 20 & 21 (Tuesday & Wednesday) – World Cyber Security Seminar – Organised by MYNIC
- May 22 & 23 (Thursday & Friday) – APTLD Member's Meeting
- May 24, 2008 (Saturday) – APTLD Workshops on
- ccTLD Policy Development Processes
- ccTLD Marketing
- Registry Software Options
20 June 2008 - EGENI Europe 2008 - Paris, France
Our bylaws are very important to us. They capture our mission of security, stability and accessibility, and compel the organization to be open and transparent. Learn more at www.ICANN.org.