Earlier this year ICANN, announced plans to provide enhanced customer service capabilities, including broadening our global footprint and the channels we use to communicate with you. The reason for these changes is simple and straightforward – to provide you with a highly available global service and support organization that makes it easier to reach us and get your questions answered accurately in an open, transparent and expeditious manner.
To achieve our goal, we focused significant effort on building upon our existing support capabilities as a foundation for a truly global support and service offering. As a result of these efforts, I am pleased to let you know that ICANN now offers the following customer support services:
- A global presence with support staff in each of ICANN's hub locations (Istanbul, Los Angeles, Singapore), providing 5x24 hour support. We are open and available beginning on Monday at 8:00 AM Singapore time (00:00 UTC) through Friday, 5:00 PM Pacific Time (00:00 Saturday UTC).
- Voice support in the 6 United Nations languages (Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian and Spanish), as well as Portuguese and Turkish.
- Support via multiple channels, including phone, email, web forms and portals (for new gTLD applicants and contracted parties), allowing you to choose which avenue best suits your needs in the moment.
- An internal knowledgebase and comprehensive accuracy checks to ensure both consistency and quality in our responses.
- Published Service Level Targets (Performance Metrics Dashboard) that demonstrate to what degree we are meeting our stated commitments.
- Customer Satisfaction Surveys that ensure a continuous feedback loop for process improvement and ongoing enhancements. Summary results will be added to existing metrics reports in the near future.
I want to take this opportunity to thank everyone within the ICANN community who has provided us with valuable suggestions and service industry best practices. Your feedback was invaluable in helping us create a more robust service function that better meets your needs.
To better represent the new service capabilities and to better clarify our role in supporting the community in its interactions with ICANN, we have renamed this team as the Global Support Center (GSC).
Don't worry, all of the old "Customer Service Center" contact channels still work. However, we encourage you to update your address books to ensure you have the most current contact mechanisms and global phone numbers at your fingertips. Please visit our Global Support Center page for this information. If you're attending ICANN 54 in Dublin, stop by the GDD information booth to say "hello!" We're here to help.
Director of Global Support