Today, the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) has opened a Public Comment proceeding to receive input on ICANN's Draft Fiscal Year 2023–2027 (FY23-27) Operating and Financial Plan and Draft FY23 Operating Plan and Budget.
Link to Public Comment Proceeding:
Open for Submissions Date:
Tuesday, 07 December 2021
Closed for Submissions Date:
Monday, 07 February 2022
What We Need Your Input On:
The Draft FY23–27 Operating and Financial Plan is intended to serve as an overarching holistic view of the activities ICANN org is or will support of its FY21–25 Strategic Plan. The Five-Year Operating and Financial Plan is not a replacement for ICANN org's annual operating plans but is meant to complement them by providing a comprehensive overview of how ICANN will carry out its mission in the public interest over the next five years.
The Draft FY23 Operating Plan and Budget defines and describes ICANN's planned activities in Fiscal Year 2023 and the anticipated funding sources and levels.
ICANN's planning process has three components:
- Five-Year Strategic Plan: Designed to shape ICANN's priorities, the Five-Year Strategic Plan establishes a vision and a set of strategic objectives and goals in service of ICANN's Mission.
- Five-Year Operating and Financial Plan: The Five-Year Operating and Financial Plan articulates the feasibility and timing of services, activities, and milestones identified to achieve the Strategic Plan's objectives and goals.
- Annual Operating Plan and Budget: Informed by the Five-Year Operating and Financial Plan, the Annual Operating Plan and Budget further clarifies specific activities and resources for the upcoming year.
Input from ICANN constituency groups, stakeholders, Board of Directors and ICANN org is key to the development of these plans, in keeping with ICANN's multistakeholder model.
During This Public Comment Period:
Two community webinars will be held in December 2021 to provide an overview of the draft plans.
- Community members seeking clarification on any details in the Draft FY23–27 Operating and Financial Plan and/or Draft FY23 Operating Plan and Budget should submit questions to email@example.com by Friday, 07 January 2022.
- ICANN org will endeavor to provide responses to clarifying questions by Thursday, 20 January 2022, approximately three weeks before this Public Comment period ends.
After This Public Comment Period:
- ICANN org will hold sessions with the ICANN Board and community during ICANN73 regarding these draft plans.
- ICANN org will analyze the received Public Comments, prepare a report of the Public Comments, and publish the report by Wednesday, 23 March 2022.
- Where appropriate, changes will be made to the draft plans, and the revised draft plans will be presented to the ICANN Board for consideration in May 2022. Once adopted by the Board, the plans will go through the Empowered Community period for consideration, which is a minimum of 28 days prior to the start of fiscal year 2023.