2020 ICANN Nominating Committee
Announcements and Blogs
- 2 October 2020: ICANN 2020 Nominating Committee Announces Leadership Selections
- 31 August 2020: 2020 Nominating Committee (NomCom): An Update on the Selection Process
- 19 June 2020: ICANN68: 2020 Nominating Committee (NomCom) Update
- 6 May 2020: An Update From The 2020 Nominating Committee
- 7 February 2020: Application Deadline Extended for ICANN and PTI Leadership Positions
- 18 December 2019: Apply Now for ICANN and PTI Leadership Positions
ICANN 2020 Nominating Committee Announces Leadership Selections
The Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) 2020 Nominating Committee is pleased to announce the selections for seven leadership positions.
ICANN Board of Directors
Public Technical Identifiers (PTI) Board of Directors
At-Large Advisory Committee (ALAC)
Country Code Names Supporting Organization (ccNSO) Council
Generic Names Supporting Organization (GNSO) Council
(Latin America and the Caribbean Islands)
Leadership Positions Information
The following documents provide information (criteria and time commitment) about the ICANN and PTI Leadership Positions to be filled by the 2020 NomCom:
Board and Community Recommendations to NomCom
- ICANN Board: Guidance to the NomCom Regarding Important Skills for Board Member [PDF, 174 KB]
- PTI Board: Skill Set information [PDF, 32 KB]
- ALAC: NomCom Description for ALAC [PDF, 72 KB]
- ccNSO Council: Specific Requirements for the NomCom appointee to the ccNSO Council [PDF, 228 KB]
- GNSO Council: Business Constituency input on the selection criteria for GNSO Council NomCom Appointees [PDF, 178 KB]
- GAC: Criteria agreed by the GAC for submission to the NomCom [PDF, 101 KB]
The Nominating Committee invited interested individuals to submit applications for the following positions:
- Two members of the ICANN Board of Directors (ICANN Board Member: Job Description [PDF, 72 KB])
- One member of the PTI Board of Directors
- Two regional representatives to the At-Large Advisory Committee (ALAC) – one from the European region and one from the North American region
- One member of the Generic Names Supporting Organization (GNSO) Council
- One member of the Country Code Names Supporting Organization (ccNSO) Council
For further details on eligibility factors, criteria, qualifications, and time commitment, see ICANN Nominating Committee | Open Leadership Positions 2020
The 2020 Nominating Committee (NomCom) was convened at the conclusion of the ICANN Annual General Meeting (AGM) at ICANN66 in Montréal, Canada.
The NomCom is an independent committee tasked with selecting key ICANN members including the Board of Directors, as well as the ALAC, the ccNSO Council and the GNSO Council. The NomCom is designed to function independently from the Board, the Supporting Organizations, and Advisory Committees. NomCom members act only on behalf of the interests of the global Internet community and within the scope of the ICANN mission and responsibilities assigned to it by the ICANN Bylaws.
Leadership Team Members: Jay Sudowski (Chair), Ole Jacobsen (Chair Elect), and Damon Ashcraft (Associate Chair).
Committee Members: Pankaj Chaturvedi (ASO), Amrita Choudhury (ALAC – AP), Kristine Dorrain (GNSO – RySG), Hadia Elminiawi (ALAC – AF), Michael Graham (GNSO – IPC), Caroline Greer (GNSO – RrSG), Tracy Hackshaw (ALAC – LAC), Wolfgang Kleinwächter (GNSO – NCUC), Peter Koch (IETF), Annebeth Lange (ccNSO), Marie-Noemie Marques (GNSO – ISPCP), Glenn McKnight (ALAC – NA), Paul Mitchel (GNSO – CBUC), Lawrence Olawale-Roberts (GNSO-CBUC), Amir Qayyum (RSSAC), Chris Roosenraad (SSAC), and Erich Schweighofer (ALAC – EUR).
Nominating Committee Member Biographies – Click here