ICANN is seeking a geographically diverse team of security experts to look at operational stability and resiliency matters relating to the coordination of the Internet's system of unique identifiers. If this sounds like you, less than two weeks remain for you to volunteer to join the 2nd Security, Stability and Resiliency of the DNS Review Team (SSR2-RT). Applications are due on August 15th.
The SSR2 Review Team is looking for candidates with a range of expertise such as:
- Understanding of Internet Unique Identifiers, including: DNS, IP numbering, AS numbers, protocol parameters
- Identification and mitigation of abuse within those sectors
- Understanding operation of the DNS root name system
- Understanding malware and abuse vectors and mitigations
- Conducting risk assessment and management
- Understanding corporate incident response