ICANN is pleased to announce a new resource for the community: The IANA Functions: An Introduction to the Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (IANA) Functions [PDF, 2.17 MB].
As an overview of how the IANA Functions are currently executed, the 20-page booklet includes an introduction of the IANA Functions; an overview of the policy, stakeholders and stewardship implementation, as well as technical breakdowns of key IANA Functions elements. A special thank you to NTIA for its review.
- IETF: IANA Protocol Parameters Explained
- Infographic: IANA Functions at a Glance
- NRO: Background on the IANA Functions
- SAC067: Overview and History of the IANA Functions [PDF, 635 MB]
- SAC068: Report on the IANA Functions Contract [PDF, 561 KB],
- SAC069: Maintaining the Security and Stability of the IANA Functions Through the Stewardship Transition [PDF, 668 KB]
While the booklet is still a work in progress, we hope that you find the document useful and encourage the community to provide any feedback.
To submit feedback, please send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Elise Gerich, Vice President, IANA & Technical Operations
David Conrad, Chief Technology Officer