ICANN Meetings in Melbourne, 9-13 March 2001
The next round of ICANN meetings will take place in Melbourne, Australia, on 9-13 March, 2001. The meetings are free to attend, and open to any interested person. ICANN encourages broad participation in its bottom-up consensus-development process.
This email contains some updates and reminders about the meetings (including schedules and agendas), of interest both to those who will attend in person and to those who wish to participate via the Internet. New information is regularly posted on the ICANN site at <http://www.icann.org/melbourne/>.
- Meeting Venue
The meetings will be held at the Melbourne Exhibition & Convention Centre (MECC) <http://www.mecc.com.au>.
- Meeting Schedule
The meeting schedule is currently as follows:
9 March (Friday)
- ICANN/ccTLD Managers (8:30-12:00)
- At Large Study Committee (12:30-16:30)
- Governmental Advisory Committee
10 March (Saturday)
- ICANN Orientation Workshop (8:30-10:00)
- Domain Name Supporting Organization
- Registrars (8:30-12:30)
- ISPs and Connectivity Providers (8:30-12:30)
- ccTLD Registries (8:30-18:00)
- gTLD Registries (10:30-12:30)
- Non-commercial (13:30-18:00)
- Intellectual Property (13:30-18:00)
- Business (13:30-18:00)
- Governmental Advisory Committee
11 March (Sunday)
- DNSO General Assembly (morning)
- DNSO Names Council (afternoon)
12 March (Monday)
- ICANN Public Forum (8:30-18:00)
13 March (Tuesday)
- ICANN Board Meeting (8:00-15:00)
These times are subject to change, and other meetings may be added to the schedule, so we encourage you to check <http://www.icann.org/melbourne> regularly.
- Agenda for Public Forum
The following items have been placed on the agenda for the ICANN Public Forum (Monday, 12 March), which provides opportunties for public comment and discussion with the ICANN Board
- New TLD agreements
- ccTLD agreements
- DNSO review
- Internationalized Domain Names
- Status report by At Large Study Committee
- Proposed revisions to VeriSign agreements
- ICANN Budget 2001-2002
- Final report of the Ad Hoc Group on Numbering and Addressing
- Webcast and Remote Participation
As usual, ICANN will be webcasting the DNSO General Assembly and Names Council Meetings (11 March), the ICANN Public Forum (12 March), and the ICANN Board meeting (13 March). See <http://cyber.law.harvard.edu/icann/melbourne> for details on the webcasts and remote participation opportunities for those unable to attend the meetings in person.
- Meeting Pre-registration
If you plan to be at the meetings either in person or online via webcast and remote participation, please preregister at <http://cyber.law.harvard.edu/icann/melbourne/preregistration/>. Doing so will help meeting organizers gauge likely attendance, and will provide you with a printed nametag. Also, due to possible space/security requirements, pre-registration may be necessary for invitation to some receptions.
- Local hosts' website
The local hosts have provided a helpful set of resources at <http://www.icannmelb.maddocks.com.au>. ICANN is grateful for the excellent assistance of the local host committee, led by Tony Hill and Greg Crew. Credit for the website goes to Craig Ng and Patrick Ng of Maddock, Lonie & Chisholm.
- Hotel, travel, and visa information
Please refer to the local hosts' website <http://www.icannmelb.maddocks.com.au> for comprehensive information about hotel options and locations, visa requirements, and other useful travel websites.