ICANN is publishing today for public comment a discussion draft that addresses the requirements and implementation processes for the reviews called for in the Affirmation of Commitments.
The Affirmation of Commitments contains specific provisions for periodic review of ICANN's key objectives. These reviews are to be performed by review teams composed of volunteer community members representative of the relevant ICANN Supporting Organizations and Advisory Committees, as well as independent experts.
The paper [PDF, 620K] posted for public consultation presents a discussion draft to address the Affirmation review requirements; it describes:
- The Affirmation requirements for reviews
- The proposed methodology for conducting the reviews
- The preliminary activities (such as the establishment of the review Teams and others)
- The timeline of the preparatory activities and of the first review
- A draft Terms of Reference for the first review
Inputs are sought from the community on the full set of proposals contained in this paper.
The public consultation will remain open until the end of January, 2010.