ICANN 2018 Nominating Committee Announces Updated Selections
LOS ANGELES – 16 September 2018 – The ICANN 2018 Nominating Committee announces that Danko Jevtovic will begin a three-year term with the ICANN Board of Directors at the conclusion of ICANN63 in Barcelona, Spain.
This is an update to the ICANN 2018 Nominating Committee’s 2 August announcement introducing selections for leadership positions within ICANN, after the Committee was informed by Lousewies van der Laan that, due to unforeseen family obligations, she is unable to extend her service to the Board after this current term.
The three 2018 Nominating Committee selectees for the ICANN Board of Directors are:
The Nominating Committee is charged with recruiting and selecting a portion of ICANN’s leadership. The Nominating Committee is mandated to ensure that ICANN’s overall leadership is diverse in geography, culture, skills, experience, and perspective. Selectees should meet the following basic criteria:
- Integrity, objectivity, and sound judgment.
- Support decision-making within groups.
- Ability to work effectively in English.
- Understanding of ICANN’s mission and operation.
- Commitment to ICANN’s success.
- Experience in world affairs.
- Ability to contribute to cultural, professional, and geographic expertise.
- Willingness to work long and hard, generally as volunteers, for the global public trust.
To learn more about the Nominating Committee, visit http://nomcom.icann.org/
ICANN’s mission is to help ensure a stable, secure and unified global Internet. To reach another person on the Internet, you need to type an address – a name or a number – into your computer or other device. That address must be unique, so computers know where to find each other. ICANN helps coordinate and support these unique identifiers across the world. ICANN was formed in 1998 as a not-for-profit public-benefit corporation with a community of participants from all over the world.