ICANN Announces Calls-to-Action for Community Participation in ICANN Reviews
LOS ANGELES – 19 June 2018 – The Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) has several calls-to-action for community participation in ICANN reviews below.
- Share your Public Comment on the Short-Term and Long-term Options to Adjust the Timing of Reviews. Please click here to learn about proposed short-term options and share your input. Close date: 6 July 2018 at 23:59 UTC. Please click here to learn about long-term options and share your input. Close date: 20 July 2018 at 23:59 UTC.
- SSR2 Restarts, Learn More! On 7 June 2018, it was announced that the Second Review of the Security, Stability, and Resiliency of the Domain Name System (SSR2) was unpaused. Learn more in an announcement posted to ICANN.org here.
- Join the Public Board Workshop Session in Panama for an Update on Short-Term and Long-Term Options for Streamlining Reviews. Saturday, 23 June from 13:15-13.45 (AST). Learn how to join.
- Join the CCWG-Accountability WS2 Face-to-Face Plenary. This plenary session will address questions or issues that have surfaced since the distribution of the Work Stream 2 (WS2) Final Report. Sunday, 24 June from 8:30-17:00 (AST), Salon 1-3 (GAC). More details here.
- Join the High Interest Session: RDS-WHOIS2 Review. The RDS-WHOIS2 Review Team will update the community on its findings to date and seek input as well as address any questions pertaining to its scope and work plan. Thursday, 28 June from 17:00-18:30 (AST), Salon 1-3 (GAC). More details here.
- Join the Independent Examiner Presenting the Draft Final Report of the RSSAC2 Review. Tuesday, 26 June from 9:00-10:15 (AST), Metropolis 2, RSSAC room. More details here.
- Join the GDRP-related Cross-Community Sessions at ICANN62
- Participate in Review Working Party's Discussion of Next Steps for the NomCom Review. Wednesday, 27 June from 9:00-10:15 (AST), Luxor Room. More details here.
- Join the Independent Examiner Presenting the Assessment Report of the SSAC2 Review. Wednesday, 27 June from 9:15-10:15 (AST), Metropolis 3, SSAC room. More details here.
Visit the Review Status Update Table for the latest status on all active Specific and Organizational Reviews.
ICANN's mission is to help ensure a stable, secure, and unified global Internet. To reach another person on the Internet, you need to type an address into your computer or other device – a name or a number. That address must be unique so computers know where to find each other. ICANN helps coordinate and support these unique identifiers across the world. ICANN was formed in 1998 as a not-for-profit public-benefit corporation and a community with participants from all over the world.