Actividades y reuniones de la Junta Directiva
Contenido disponible solo en los siguientes idiomas
Committee Members Present: Raimundo Beca, Roberto Gaetano – Chair, and Mike Silber
Committee Members absent but send apologies: Rita Rodin Johnston and Jean-Jacques Subrenat
Staff Members Present: Ken Bour, Samantha Eisner, Dan Halloran, Rob Hogarth, Margie Milam and Amy Stathos
The following is a summary of discussion, actions taken and actions identified:
- Received an update on the status of proposed GNSO Bylaws amendments posted for public comment and the need to ensure all Bylaws are internally consistent prior to presentation to the Board for approval.
- Discussed the status of the Stakeholder Group (SG) charters being presented to the Board for approval and received an update on the revisions made based upon the comments received during the public comment session. Approved recommending to the Board that the SG charters be approved. One SIC member abstained from voting but supports that the charters should proceed to the Board for decision.
- Staff to provide a redline of SG charters to the Board showing changes from the versions already presented.
- Discussed the process for the Board selection of the three representatives to the GNSO Council from the Non Commercial Stakeholder Group (NCSG). Unanimously approved recommending to the Board that it accept the procedure for making selections as recommended by Staff, so long as there is a requirement that the representatives are selected from three different geographic regions. Unanimously approved recommending to the Board that it authorize the immediate posting of a call for interest for the three representative seats.
- Subject to Board approval, Staff to immediately post the call for interest.
- Staff to assist SIC in identifying a time in September to meet for the purpose of making selections.
- Discussed the status of the formulation of the Bylaws provisions regarding the allocation of Board seats 13 and 14, and unanimously approved of recommending that the Board approve the election of one Board director by each house, pending the revision of the wording of the standard restrictions for Board Director service.
- Staff to amend the language regarding general restrictions on Directors.
- Discussed the status of the petitions for forming new consistencies within the GNSO and determined that it was premature for the SIC to take an active position on recommending the final disposition of any of the four pending petitions at this time. The SIC provided staff with guidance on additional information that may be helpful to prepare the SIC to make a formal recommendation to the Board.
- Staff to work to maintain an exchange of information with the four petitioners to prepare the SIC to take a decision on the petitions at its August meeting.