Type in the acronym or term you are looking for in the Search bar below.
In addition to English, translated versions of acronyms and terms are also available in Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, and Spanish. Links for each language are located in the top right of the page.
Click the first letter of the term you are looking for to search alphabetically.
Do you have feedback on the definitions or the terms? Send us an email to: email@example.com.
Root Zone Zone Signing Key Operator(RZ ZSK Operator)
The RZ ZSK Operator is responsible for:
- Generating and protecting the private component of the RZ ZSK.
- Securely exporting and transmitting the public RZ ZSK component to the RZ Key Signing Key (KSK) Operator.
- Securely importing the signed RZ ZSK keyset from the RZ KSK Operator.
- Signing the root zone's resource records.
- Issuing an emergency key rollover within a reasonable amount of time if any private key component associated with the zone is lost or suspected to be compromised.