ICANN Acronyms and Terms
Type in the acronym or term you are looking for in the Search bar below.
In addition to English, translated versions of acronyms and terms are also available in Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, and Spanish. Links for each language are located in the top right of the page.
Click the first letter of the term you are looking for to search alphabetically.
Do you have feedback on the definitions or the terms? Send us an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Root Zone Evolution Review Committee(RZERC)
The group that reviews proposed architecture changes to the contents of the Domain Name System root zone and makes recommendations regarding the changes to the ICANN Board. The RZERC consists of nine members:
- ICANN Board member
- Senior representative of the Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (IANA) functions operator
- Chair or delegate of the Security and Stability Advisory Committee
- Chair or delegate of the Root Server System Advisory Committee
- Chair or delegate of the Address Supporting Organization
- Chair or delegate of the Internet Engineering Task Force
- Representative selected by the Registry Stakeholder Group of the Generic Names Supporting Organization
- Representative selected by the Country Code Names Supporting Organization
- Representative of the organization identified to serve as the Root Zone Maintainer