ICANN Acronyms and Terms
Type in the acronym or term you are looking for in the Search bar below.
In addition to English, translated versions of acronyms and terms are also available in Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, and Spanish. Links for each language are located in the top right of the page.
Click the first letter of the term you are looking for to search alphabetically.
Do you have feedback on the definitions or the terms? Send us an email to: email@example.com.
Regional At-Large Organization(RALO)
An organization that serves as the main forum and coordination point for public input to ICANN for a particular geographic region. A RALO keeps the At-Large Structures (ALSes) in its community informed about significant ICANN news. RALOs also establish mechanisms to facilitate two-way communication between the ALSes and ICANN policymakers so interested individuals can share their views on pending issues.
The ICANN Bylaws recognize five Regional At-Large Organizations:
- African Regional At-Large Organization (AFRALO)
- Asian, Australasian, and Pacific Islands Regional At-Large Organization (APRALO)
- European Regional At-Large Organization (EURALO)
- Latin American and Caribbean Islands Regional At-Large Organization (LACRALO)
- North American Regional At-Large Organization (NARALO)
Each RALO elects its leadership and defines its own operating rules.