The Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) opened the nomination period for the ICANN Community Excellence Award today. The nomination period will close 8 January 2024 at 23:59 UTC.
The revised nomination period reflects that the presentation of the 2024 Community Excellence Award has been moved from the Policy Forum in June to the Community Forum in March.
Launched in 2014, the Community Excellence Award recognizes ICANN community members who have deeply invested in consensus-based solutions and contributed substantively to the ICANN multistakeholder model.
The ideal recipient(s) will have:
- Participated in the ICANN community for at least five years.
- Served in multiple ICANN working groups or committees.
- Collaborated with more than one Supporting Organization (SO) and/or Advisory Committee (AC) in a significant capacity.
Candidates will be evaluated by a panel of ICANN community members appointed by the SO/AC chairs. The panel will evaluate candidates using a merit-based point system and the following criteria:
- Demonstrated ability to work across community lines with both familiar and unfamiliar ICANN stakeholders to build consensus.
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate dialogue and open discussion in a fair and collegial manner, in a spirit of collaboration shown through empathy, and a sincere desire to engage with people from other backgrounds, cultures, and interests.
- Demonstrated commitment to the ICANN multistakeholder model and its overall effectiveness through volunteer service via working groups or committees.
Please submit your nominations via this form, including detailed information outlining why the nominee meets the award criteria. Self-nominations will not be considered. Any questions about the award process or requests for additional information in support of nominations may be submitted via email to email@example.com.
The award recipient(s) will be announced in March 2024 at ICANN79 in San Juan, Puerto Rico. For more information, please refer to the ICANN Community Wiki.