2021 Nominating Committee (NomCom) Extends Deadline to 29 March
LOS ANGELES -
The Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) 2021 Nominating Committee (NomCom) announced today that it has extended the deadline for ICANN leadership applications to 29 March 2021, 23:59 Universal Coordinated Time (UTC).
Open Leadership Positions
The NomCom invites interested individuals to apply for key leadership positions within ICANN. Those selected will work with accomplished colleagues from across the globe, helping to shape the Internet's technical coordination and policy development.
The NomCom is accepting applications for the following positions:
- Three members of the ICANN Board of Directors
- Three regional representatives for the At-Large Advisory Committee (ALAC) – one each representing the Africa region; Asia, Australia, and Pacific Islands region; and Latin America and Caribbean region
- Two members of the Generic Names Supporting Organization (GNSO) Council – one representing the Contracted Parties House and one representing the Non-Contracted Parties House
- One member of the Country Code Names Supporting Organization (ccNSO) Council
How to Apply
Applications for open positions are due on 29 March 2021, 23:59 Universal Coordinated Time (UTC). Additional information about the selection process and the application portal can be found here. Those selected will make a valuable contribution by helping to ensure the stable and secure operation of the Internet's unique identifier systems.
The Selection Process Timeline
Although the NomCom cannot meet in person, it is working closely with the ICANN Board and organization to ensure that its work continues during these challenging times. The selection meeting is currently scheduled to take place in July.
The NomCom selection process operates in five phases:
- Phase One: Planning (September 2020 to January 2021)
- Phase Two: Recruitment (January 2021 to March 2021)
- Phase Three and Four: Assessment and Selection (April 2021 to July 2021)
- Phase Five: Reporting (August 2021 to October 2021)
More information about the 2021 NomCom and the selection process can be found here.
Please note that due to the pandemic and the unique circumstances it presents, the timeline is subject to change.
The 2021 NomCom looks forward to receiving candidate applications. Find more information and apply here.
ICANN's mission is to help ensure a stable, secure, and unified global Internet. To reach another person on the Internet, you need to type an address – a name or a number – into your computer or other device. That address must be unique so computers know where to find each other. ICANN helps coordinate and support these unique identifiers across the world. ICANN was formed in 1998 as a not-for-profit public-benefit corporation with a community of participants from all over the world.