Деятельность и заседания Правления

Ознакомьтесь с действиями и решениями Правления ICANN по итогам недавно предпринятой деятельности и встреч.

Контент доступен только на следующих языках

  • English

Structural Improvements Committee Meeting Minutes 14 October 2010

SIC Attendees:  Ray Plzak – Chair, George Sadowsky, Mike Silber, Jonne Soininen, and Jean-Jacques Subrenat

Staff Attendees:  David Olive - Vice President, Policy Development Support; Samantha Eisner, Olof Nordling, Diane Schroeder, and Amy Stathos

The following is a summary of discussions, actions taken and actions identified:

  1. The meeting was called to order at 15:05 UTC.

  2. Minutes: All voting members in attendance confirmed the online approval of the minutes of the previous meeting.

  3. Review of Action Items: Reviewed the status of action items identified at the previous meting.  Previously identified action items that were not discussed under other agenda points:

    • Action items closed:
      • SIC drafting team (George Sadowsky, Mike Silber and Jonne Soininen) to refine proposed criteria and produced updated paper for SIC consideration within four to six weeks.
      • Staff to produce paper describing the process of evaluation of proposed constituencies against the criteria defined by the SIC drafting team.
      • Staff to draft proposed resolution capturing the SIC recommendations on the RSSAC review Working Group Final Report and forward to the Board for consideration at the August 2010 meeting of the Board.
      • Staff to draft note for the SIC on the process of procurement of the organization performing review of the TLG.
    • Action items remaining open:
      • SIC members to review updated dashboard to provide further comments to staff.
      • Staff to make the dashboard publicly available after addressing the SIC member comments, in beta format and noting that comments are appreciated.
      • Staff to draft note on how the dashboard can be expanded to include reporting on implementation of other reviews.
      • Staff and Chair to complete the activities regarding the structuring of the process of the review of the ASO, working with the NRO. The Chair to coordinate with staff to identify how to bring the results of the review of the ASO back to the SIC.
      • Staff to continue work to complete the review of the TLG by the 2010 Annual General Meeting.
      • Staff to produce draft process document to formalize the procedure for the review of Stakeholder Group Charters.
  4. Seating of Director from At-Large: Reviewed the history of the revisions to the Bylaws to seat a Board director selected by the At-Large Community, and all voting members in attendance approved a recommendation to the Board to approve the revisions to the Bylaws.
    • Action:
      • Staff to forward proposed Bylaws to the Board for consideration.
  5. Nominating Committee Chair-Elect: Discussed the recommendation arising from the Nominating Committee (NomCom) Review Working Group regarding the appointment of a non-voting “chair-elect” to replace the position of the prior NomCom Chair serving in an advisory role, and reviewed proposed Bylaws changes necessary to implement the recommendation.  The SIC suggested modifications to allow for Board discretion in making selections.  All voting members in attendance approved forwarding the proposed Bylaws to the Board with a recommendation they be posted for public comment.
    • Action:
      • Staff to modify the proposed Bylaws revision to address SIC comments, and forward the proposed Bylaws to the Board for consideration.
  6. SSAC Improvements Implementation: Discussed implementation actions arising out of the Security and Stability Advisory Committee (SSAC) review Working Group, including the removal of the first task area specified in the Bylaws as well as the creation of a rule allowing the Board to remove an SSAC member.  All voting members in attendance agreed to recommend to the Board that proposed Bylaws amendments to achieve these items be posted for public comment.
    • Action:
      • Staff to produce proposed Bylaws revisions in line with SIC comments and forward the proposed revisions to the Board for consideration.
  7. Review Implementation Plans: Received an update from staff on the status of the GNSO Improvements work and the ability to integrate the Improvements work into a formal Implementation Plan as used for more recent structural reviews.  Received a brief update from Staff on the pending completion of the NomCom Improvements Implementation Plan.
    • Actions:
      • Staff to prepare a lightweight control document on the GNSO Improvements work to be discussed by the SIC at its November 2010 meeting, starting with the new and open items, and capable of being filled in with older, completed items.
      • Staff to circulate NomCom Improvements Implementation Plan prior to the SIC meeting in November 2010, for discussion at that meeting.
  8. NCSG Charter Revision: Discussed the revisions to the Non-Commercial Stakeholders Group (NCSG) Charter as proposed by the NCSG and a proposed path to further constructive discussion.
    • Actions:
      • SIC Subcommittee on Constituency Criteria to work with staff to present ways forward and to reach out to NCSG to facilitate further conversation.
      • Staff to circulate paper on Constituency Criteria to SIC members via email.
  9. The meeting was adjourned at 16:04 UTC.