Деятельность и заседания Правления
Контент доступен только на следующих языках
PPC Attendees: Jean-Jacques Subrenat – Chair; Thomas Narten, Gonzalo Navarro, Vanda Scartezini, and Katim Touray
Staff Attendees: Doug Brent – Chief Operating Officer; Nick Ashton Hart, Rob Hoggarth, Samantha Eisner, and Nick Tomasso
The following is a summary of discussions, actions taken and actions identified:
- Reviewed and voting members unanimously approved minutes of prior PPC meeting.
- Discussed the agenda and format of the upcoming public session with the PPC at the Nairobi meeting, including contributions from members of Supporting Organizations to facilitate discussion. The PPC will discuss its holistic strategy for engagement and outreach and its workplan and seek contributions from the public, including from remote participants.
- Staff to provide bullet points and finalized agenda to the PPC in advance of meeting.
- Discussed suggestions for the format of the public forum at the Nairobi meeting and the need for inclusion of interventions by remote participants, and the proper way to balance theirs with those by community members physically present at the meeting.
- Staff to draft a proposal for the PPC to forward to the Chair of the Board regarding the format and moderation of the public forum.
- Discussed the bidding process currently used to identify locations for ICANN’s international meetings, and the additional costs and challenges associated with the current system. The PPC agreed that further discussion is needed on this issue, after receipt of additional information from staff related to suggested criteria for meeting location evaluation and selection. The voting members of PPC agreed to review a resolution recommending that the Board provide special dispensation to suspend the bidding process for the planning of the 2011 meeting in North America and request staff to provide a recommendation based upon a criteria-based selection process.
- Staff to draft resolution for the PPC’s consideration.
- PPC to consider the topic of meeting location selection at its next meeting.
- Discussed the coordination of a full set of meeting materials within a reasonable time frame of the close of the Nairobi international meeting and standardizing the process for all international meetings.
- Staff to provide report at the next PPC meeting on the status of efforts to complete the full posting of meeting documentation.
- Staff to provide report on posting of documents outside of the timeframe imposed by the document deadline policy for consideration at the next PPC meeting.