Деятельность и заседания Правления
Контент доступен только на следующих языках
BGRC Attendees: Chris Disspain, Bertrand de La Chapelle, Erika Mann, Gonzalo Navarro – Chair, George Sadowsky, and Kuo-Wei Wu
Other Board Attendees: Sébastien Bachollet, Cherine Chalaby, Steve Crocker, Bill Graham, Thomas Narten, Ray Plzak, Thomas Roessler, Mike Silber, Judith Vasquez, and Suzanne Woolf
Staff Attendees: Akram Atallah – Chief Operating Officer, Rodrigo de la Parra – VP, Latin America, Elise Gerich – VP, IANA, Jamie Hedlund – VP, Government Affairs – Americas, Nigel Hickson – VP, Europe, John Jeffrey – General Counsel and Secretary, Xiaodong Lee – VP, Asia Pacific, Samantha Eisner, Diane Schroeder and Amy Stathos
The following is a summary of discussions, actions taken and actions identified:
- Costa Rica Ministerial Meeting – Staff provided an update on the ministerial meeting convened in Costa Rica prior to the opening of the ICANN meeting in Costa Rica, with representation by many countries from the region at many levels of government. Discussed inclusion of representatives from the Regional At-Large Organizations or At-Large Structures at similar conversations at future ICANN meetings.
- Review of Upcoming International Meetings of Relevance – Staff provided an update on upcoming meetings, with a focus on the regional work prior to the WCIT, as well as other meetings addressing internet governance issues.
- Staff to coordinate with Board to discuss further strategy issues, including how ICANN may coordinate with other parts of the community regarding participation.
- Staff to provide BGRC with document summarizing actions and potential work to coordinate strategies for the next year on global relations.
- Letter Regarding VP Africa – Staff provided a brief summary of the letter received regarding suggestion of timing for hiring the VP Africa.
- Internationalization Survey – Staff provided an update on the creation of the Internationalization Survey, including the preparation of translations and the planning for release. The BGRC discussed potential revisions based on member comments, as well as how the survey will be publicized, including outreach from BGRC members and informing the community during the Costa Rica meeting that the survey will be forthcoming.