Format and Technical Requirements for Requests to Change TLD Nameservers in the Root Zone
(This document applies only to TLDs as to which a written agreement is in effect between ICANN and the TLD delegee, sponsor, or operator.)
1. Requests for changes in TLD nameserver delegations to be reflected in the root zone are to be submitted by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Requests should be submitted by filling out the template available at <URL>.
3. Nameserver change requests are subject to verification of authenticity and authorization. Both the listed technical contact and the listed administrative contact should be available to verify that the request is authentic and they authorize the requested change. Except where a written agreement between ICANN and the TLD delegee, sponsor, or operator expressly states to the contrary, the IANA shall be entitled to rely on authorization of either the administrative or technical contact as constituting a request for nameserver change by the TLD delegee, sponsor, or operator.
4. Requests for changes to nameservice for ccTLDs (i.e. TLDs having two-letter labels) must result in delegation to at least two nameservers, preferably on different networks. Requests for changes to nameservice for other TLDs must result in delegation to nameservers on at least five different networks.
5. Delegations of a TLD to more than thirteen nameservers are not supported.
6. Prior to submitting the request, nameservice should be set up at all the nameservers to which delegation is to be made. Lame delegations will not ordinarily be made.
7. Zone file transfers must be enabled at all nameservers at least for transfers to 18.104.22.168/16 and 22.214.171.124/20, so that the IANA has zone file access.
(26 February 2001)
Comments concerning the layout, construction and functionality of this site
should be sent to email@example.com.
(c) 2001 The Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers. All rights reserved.