ICANN Officers and Board Members Statements of Interest Summary relating to ICANN matters¹ (in alphabetical order)
28 January 2019
- Susanna Bennett – SVP & Chief Operating Officer: Nothing identified.
- Xavier Calvez – SVP & Chief Financial Officer: Nothing identified.
- John Jeffrey – General Counsel and Secretary: Nothing identified.
- Göran Marby – President and Chief Executive Officer: Nothing identified.
- David Olive – SVP, Policy Development Support: Nothing identified.
- Ashwin Rangan – SVP, Engineering and Chief Information Officer: Nothing identified.
- Theresa Swinehart – SVP, Multistakeholder Strategy & Strategic Initiatives: Nothing identified.
Board Members (Directors and Liaisons):
- Harald Alvestrand: Software engineer for Google Sweden owned by Google Inc., which is a registry operator for several gTLDs, a registrar and a new gTLD applicant.
- Maarten Botterman: Chairman of Supervisory Board of NLnet Foundation; Board member for Institute for Accountability in the Digital Age, which is a non-profit aimed at enhancing accountability in the digital age; supporting the GFCE global Internet Infrastructure Initiative with the aims at strengthening the Internet through multistakeholder dialogue and promotion of relevant open standards such as IPv6, DNSSEC, etc.; supporting the Canadian Secure IoT initiative with the aims at strengthening the Internet through multistakeholder dialogue and promotion of safer development, deployment and use of IoT; contracted with Avri Doria to be Quality Assurer on project related to governance of European Open Science Cloud; Chair of IGF related Dynamic Coalitions for IoT; member of IGF related Dynamic Coalitions for DNS Issues; member of advisory group that supports the work of the Global Council for Security in Cyberspace connected to the Research Advisory Group on Internet Governance.
- J. Beckwith Burr: Deputy General Counsel and Chief Privacy Officer for Neustar, Inc., which contracts with ICANN to operate .BIZ and .NEUSTAR, and which provides back-end registry services for numerous other gTLDs under contract with ICANN; Neustar also is responsible for payment of ccTLD contributions to ICANN for .US and .CO consistent with the ccNSO guidelines (currently set at US $75,000 for each ccTLD).
- Cherine Chalaby: Nothing identified.
- Ron da Silva: Works for Internet Tool & Die Company that has the same shareholders as Denuo, which is involved directly, or through subsidiaries or affiliates, with the marketing of legacy IPv4 address space.
- Sarah Deutsch: Director for Electronic Frontier Foundation; on Internet Committee of International Trademark Association; a sole practitioner attorney working part time re: on IP and Internet liability issue for clients that may operate new gTLDs but has not been involved in those client's gTLD issues.
- Chris Disspain: Nothing identified.
- Avri Doria: Contracted with Maarten Botterman as Quality Assurer on project related to governance of European Open Science Cloud; New York Chapter of Internet Society director; member of Executive Committee for IGFSA, which is involved in funding support for IGF and NRIs; member of the Internet Research Steering Group; serves as secretariat for Dynamic Coalition (IGF) on Schools of Internet Governance.
- Rafael (Lito) Ibarra: President of Asociación SVNet, which operates the .SV ccTLD and is a member of the ccNSO; Board member of LACNIC; Board member of Edge, which provides Educational IT services.
- Manal Ismail: Executive Director, International Technical Coordination for the National Telecom Regulatory Authority of Egypt, which operates IDN ccTLD for Egypt and has signed a Memorandum of Understanding with ICANN to establish DNS Entrepreneurship Center in Egypt; a work colleague is on the League of Arab States steering committee for the .ARAB new gTLD and its Arabic IDN equivalent, which are delegated to the League of Arab States.
- Danko Jevtovic: Board member and treasurer for CENTR; employed by ICT consultancy and investments; holds de minimus amount of stock in some publicly traded companies that have contracted for or have applied for one or more top-level domains.
- Merike Kaeo: CEO of Double Shot Security which consults on strategic and tactical cybersecurity issues; member of advisory group that supports the work of the Global Council for Security in Cyberspace connected to the Research Advisory Group on Internet Governance; Double Shot Security has a contract with Network Startup Resource Center (NSRC) to occasionally provide resources for trainings and workshops.
- Khaled Koubaa: CEO of ABWEB, an NGO for digital literacy; Board member of OP3FT, which is an Internet organization; principal of Internet Extrem group, which is a web design, hosting and domain name reselling entity.
- Akinori Maemura: General Manager of Internet Development Department of Japan Network Information Center (JPNIC); Board member of JPCERT Coordination Center; Board member of Asia Pacific Institute of Digital Economy.
- Göran Marby: Nothing identified.
- Kaveh Ranjbar: Chief Information Officer of RIPE NCC.
- Nigel Roberts: Director/Shareholder of the following companies: (a) Island Networks Ltd and Island Networks (Jersey) Ltd, the ccNSO member ccTLD managers of GG and JE respectively; (b) Island Networks (Registrar) Ltd, which is a non-ICANN-accredited registrar; (c) CI Domain Registry Ltd and AS Domain Registry Ltd, which are Registry Service Providers to small ccTLDs; (d) Omadhina Internet Services Ltd (Ald.) and Omadhina Internet Services Ltd (Ireland), which are involved with ccTLD domain name marketing.
- Léon Felipe Sanchez Ambia: Nothing identified.
- Tripti Sinha: Responsible for operations of DNS root services (d-root) at University of Maryland.
- Matthew Shears: Consultant with the Internet Society and Global Partners Digital.
1 Note that the activities of ICANN itself are not listed in this document.