ICANN Officers and Board Members Statements of Interest Summary relating to ICANN matters (in alphabetical order)
13 December 2017
- Akram Atallah – President, Global Domains Division: Nothing identified.
- Susanna Bennett – Chief Operating Officer: Nothing identified.
- Xavier Calvez – Chief Financial Officer: Nothing identified.
- John Jeffrey – General Counsel and Secretary: Nothing identified.
- Göran Marby – President and Chief Executive Officer: Nothing identified.
- David Olive – Sr. VP, Policy Development Support: Nothing identified.
- Ashwin Rangan – Senior VP, Engineering and Chief Information Officer: Nothing identified.
Board Members (Directors and Liaisons):
- Maarten Botterman: Chairman of Supervisory Board of NLnet Foundation; Board member for AID foundation, which is a non-profit aimed at enhancing accountability and internet democracy; supporting the GFCE global Internet Infrastructure Initiative with the aims at strengthening the Internet through multistakeholder dialogue and promotion of relevant open standards such as IPv6, DNSSEC, etc.; contracted Avri Doria to be Quality Assurer on project related to governance of European Open Science Cloud.
- J. Beckwith Burr: Vice President and Deputy General Counsel for Neustar, Inc., which contracts with ICANN to operate .Biz and .Neustar, and which provides back-end registry services for numerous other gTLDs under contract with ICANN; Neustar also operates .US and .CO under contracts with the United States government and the government of Colombia respectively, and makes voluntary payments to ICANN consistent with the ccNSO guidelines (currently set at US $75,000 for each ccTLD).
- Cherine Chalaby: Nothing identified.
- Ron da Silva: Nothing identified.
- Sarah Deutsch: Director for Electronic Frontier Foundation; on Internet Committee of International Trademark Association; an attorney for Winterfeld IP Group, which has clients that operate new gTLD registries (mostly .brands), but has not worked on any new gTLD application issues.
- Chris Disspain: Nothing identified.
- Avri Doria: Contracted with Maarten Botterman as Quality Assurer on project related to governance of European Open Science Cloud; Member of Internet Research Steering Group and Chair of the research group for Human Rights Political Considerations; New York Chapter of Internet Society director and chair of ISOC Chapters Advisory Council Steering Committee; until 31 October 2017 was on the secretariat for Public Interest Registry (PIR) Advisory Group and was contracted to build a website for PIR; until August 2017 was contractor for Donuts which has contracts for a significant number of new gTLDs; advised dotgay through August 2017 (pro-bono from June 2016 to end) re: its application for .GAY; taught at 2017 European and African Schools on Internet Governance, for which ICANN, RIRs and various gTLD and ccTLD registries served as sponsors.
- Manal Ismail: Executive Director, International Technical Coordination for the National Telecom Regulatory Authority of Egypt; a work colleague is on the League of Arab States steering committee for the .ARAB new gTLD and its Arabic IDN equivalent, which are delegated to the League of Arab States.
- Rafael (Lito) Ibarra: President and Executive Director of Asociación SVNet, which operates the .SV ccTLD and is a member of the ccNSO; as well as founding member of LACTLD; Board member of LACNIC.
- Khaled Koubaa: Chairman of Arab World Internet Institute; CEO of ABWEB, an NGO for digital literacy; principal of Internet Extrem group, which is a web design, hosting and domain name reselling entity.
- Akinori Maemura: General Manager of Internet Development Department of Japan Network Information Center (JPNIC); Board member of JPCERT Coordination Center; Board member of Asia Pacific Institute of Digital Economy.
- Göran Marby: Nothing identified.
- Ram Mohan: Executive Vice President and Chief Technology Officer of Afilias, which has contracts with ICANN to operate several gTLD registries and which is under contract for services to other registry operators that are under contract to ICANN (a complete list of the relevant registries can be found on Afilias' website); President of the Philadelphia chapter of the Internet Society. Afilias is a minority shareholder in ICM Registry, Inc., which operates several TLDs. Afilias is also involved in some way in numerous new gTLD applications that are at various stages of processing.
- Kaveh Ranjbar: Chief Information Officer of RIPE NCC.
- George Sadowsky: Member of Governance Board for EC Fiber Telecomm; also in discussions with registry operator(s) for potential independent contractor relationship, but nothing yet in place.
- Léon Felipe Sanchez Ambia: Nothing identified.
- Matthew Shears: Consultant with the Internet Society and Global Partners Digital.
- Mike Silber: Director of the Internet Service Providers' Association South Africa, the South African Communications Forum, the FTTx Council Africa and African Digital Networks Sprl
- Jonne Soininen: Head of Software Industry Initiatives at Nokia Networks and owns a nominal amount of Nokia shares; Nokia is a new gTLD contracted party.
- Lousewies van der Laan: Ambassador for Alert Online, a provider of cyber security awareness.